Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

layasamadhi

DMS2 update serious problem with Page{LESS}

layasamadhi
I placed the update to DMS2 but it is a disaster. I lost all previous css settings. 

In practice there is no longer the section for custom the css page-specific, relating to the plugin Page{Less}. Now it is a real disaster!

Before launch DMS2 have you cooperated with the developers of the plugins?
en → it
precedente
aggettivo: precedente, antecedente, precoce, prematuro

Danny

All our developers were aware as far as I know that DMS 2.0 was being developed. However, before updating anything you should always perform a backup, this goes for updates to Wordpress, plugins, themes etc...

I would always recommend performing an update to a local or testing environment before updating my live site.

Do you have a backup ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Khepri

When I updated to DMS 2 it broke my REVO theme. So I restored the old files and everything was fine. But then I tried to change themes and update directly with DMS as the theme, still no luck. So I decided to go with and now I can see the new features. The problem. My Revo theme is neutralized if I want to use DMS two. So I put on my big boy pants and moved on only to discover that the boot strap icons that I worked so hard to code into the menu bar are now gone. Any ideas fellas? I want to play in the reindeer games too, but if this turns into a repeat of last summer...
Any words of wisdom?
Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. <3

SbAeVYl.png

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

layasamadhi

When I updated to DMS 2 it broke my REVO theme. So I restored the old files and everything was fine. But then I tried to change themes and update directly with DMS as the theme, still no luck. So I decided to go with and now I can see the new features. The problem. My Revo theme is neutralized if I want to use DMS two. So I put on my big boy pants and moved on only to discover that the boot strap icons that I worked so hard to code into the menu bar are now gone. Any ideas fellas? I want to play in the reindeer games too, but if this turns into a repeat of last summer...
Any words of wisdom?
Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated. <3

Open another post. What you said has nothing to do with my problem.

All our developers were aware as far as I know that DMS 2.0 was being developed. However, before updating anything you should always perform a backup, this goes for updates to Wordpress, plugins, themes etc...

I would always recommend performing an update to a local or testing environment before updating my live site.

Do you have a backup ?

Yes, but it is not a matter of backup. I will ask the developer of the plugin hoping to be able to solve in a short time.

Danny

Khepri, please do not hijack users posts when your question has nothing to do with the post. Please create a new topic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Khepri

Khepri, please do not hijack users posts when your question has nothing to do with the post. Please create a new topic.

Clearly I need clarification on what "hijacking is, but I am happy to start another thread. is there a general DMS2 didn't do what I thought it was supposed to do post?

✔There is no perfect recipe for success! 
✔There is no failure, only feedback. 
✔There are no mistakes, only rainbow bridges to insights and wisdom. 

layasamadhi
Danny I'm trying to open another topic in the 'store products' but without success.
I don't understand why once I have clicked on the 'post new topic' nothing happens and brings me back to the home screen of the forum. 

What should I do to warn Evan Mattson, the developer of the plugin in question?

layasamadhi

Yes, at the seventh/eighth attempt the topic was created. I shall await a reply from the developer.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?