Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

DMS2 posts and category page

KimAnn03

How do I edit the posts pages now? Specifically I want to format them different. I want to show full content and not exceprts and I don't want the author's thumbnail image on the left of the post.

Kim

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com

Danny

Hi,

If you want to change the way your PostLoop section works, you will need to enable Legacy Mode, which will give you all the options from the previous Loop section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

KimAnn03

I saw that but because it is " Unsupported in future releases." wondered if there is another option? I don't want my client to lose post settings with future upgrades.

Also, are you saying that with DMS2 we don't have the option to change the way our postloop section looks? Basically having the author's image next to each post is kind of hideous 

greenfly

Hello @kimann03 

At the moment you can use the legacy option to alter the layout of the post loop. 

If you would like to remove the image you can do so by using a small bit of CSS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03

Thanks martindavies...will future releases of DMS2 give us capability to customize the layout of the post loop? I need these posts to be full content and wondering if this will be a future option.Removing the image with CSS is also not preferable because the layout will still be less than favorable for what I need displayed. My category pages serve as sneak peeks of information for paid content.

greenfly

More details will be available once they are released and i know them to feed back to you. It is my understanding that there will be functionality introduced to help you manage the post loop but these will not be the same as the options you have now. 

CSS is the way to make changes other than this.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"