Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

onespirit

Blog customizations

onespirit
I'm looking to add 20 px padding to the top and bottom of blog excerpts pages and single post pages.

I used inspect element to find which element to change but it appears its an inline styling.

<div class="pl-area-wrap  pl-bg-cover" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px;">

Where would I change this?

greenfly

Please see the Documentation relating to customizations http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

onespirit

Yes ,

Thanks Martin I'm aware of that document and how to customize using LESS and CSS.

I'm asking about the inline styling in the example above and where I might change it as it will probably override the CSS or LESS as it's inline.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how it works yes?

onespirit

Ok next time I try it first before asking I guess the custom LESS/CSS overrides inline styling. :phew:  

greenfly

Hi Onespirit - have you got this working? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

onespirit

well I am able to use the custom CSS/LESS to add the padding but it does it site wide.

I just want the padding on the blog pages.

so I don't know how to specify a padding for  this element  {pl-area-wrap} just on those pages.

Thanks,

greenfly

to add css to just the blog page use 

.page-id-blog

You can substitute the blog for the page-id or the name of the page - page-id of the blog will not work for the blog page IF you have asked WP to dynamically create the blog in settings. 

use the word blog to be sure 

onespirit

forgive me for not understanding here...

here's my blog page  http://onespiritinc.com/articles/

so you are saying:

.page-id-blog in my case means .page-id-articles?

do I add this in styling classes or just into the custom css?

also where do I add the pl-area-wrap element?

greenfly

Hi onespirit

no need to apologise. We are very limited to the amount of help we can give with CSS.

In order to achieve this.. either use the page id of the page you want to add the css to or the name of the page. 

Steps to using Custom CSS - taken from the documentation http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/dms-customize-options

Adding CSS/LESS to PageLines DMS via the Custom Code Options, is fast and simple. All you need to do is navigate to **DMS Toolbar → Custom Code and select the Custom LESS/CSS tab, which will present you with the LESS/CSS Editor.

From here, simply add either custom CSS or LESS CSS and click publish, alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcuts [Cmd⌘+Return] or [Ctrl+Return] to Preview Live.

custom-cssless-editor.jpg

Your custom class field is for adding a custom class to an element (section)- please see here for explanations of CSS class http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_id_class.asp

What happens when you add the CSS from your post using the steps above?