Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illinimatt81

Pagelines.com Text Section

illinimatt81

Which section is used on the Pagelines.com site with the text, buttons and the 'why pagelines' at the bottom? I've figured out how to do full browser window background images (very beautiful!) but I see "Big Media" in the CSS with Firebug but don't see any such section to implement. Looking to create something similar.

greenfly

This section is a custom section and the bigmedia is likely a custom class and not available in the standard sections. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

illinimatt81

It would be great if Pagelines could release all the sections they use to build things. Nothing worse than seeing something you like that you want to put your own spin on and find it hard to do so with the software that makes it possible. Just a thought. Any suggestions on the best way to recreate it?

greenfly

hmmm.. the section can be analyzed with browser tools and inspected to see how it was created with CSS etc.. 

I disagree, the section is made using standard DMS sections. If PageLines released every iteration or customisation of every section there would be hundreds of sections all doing similar things. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

illinimatt81

hmmm.. the section can be analyzed with browser tools and inspected to see how it was created with CSS etc.. 

I disagree, the section is made using standard DMS sections. If PageLines released every iteration or customisation of every section there would be hundreds of sections all doing similar things. 

Martin Davies in most cases I am using text boxes and writing my own code. Trying to streamline things. Am I correct that is what I would need to do here an use text boxes?

greenfly

You can create a similar section this way yes. 

illinimatt81

Thanks. Really loving DMS2 thus far. Everyone asks who my web designer is. I say me (and of course tell them to check out Pagelines!)

greenfly

haha - you are definitely doing the right thing making your own sections from code and simple sections. You can save these sections and use them elsewhere too. 

let us know what you come up with :) 

illinimatt81

haha - you are definitely doing the right thing making your own sections from code and simple sections. You can save these sections and use them elsewhere too. 

let us know what you come up with :)

And here I am wondering if I am doing things the right way. Still trying to figure out the headers and putting in hooks that are template dependent, but that's another thread.

greenfly

Looking at your other threads for you