Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhmedia

Saving custom CSS issues

bhmedia

DMS2 seems to have a problem saving custom CSS both in the DMS editor and using the Pagelines Pro plugin. When you click outside of the CSS editor it goes into "saving…" mode -- which is nice. Reloading the page though brings back the old CSS settings you may have had. So then I go back to the old method of clicking in a box that brings up the manual reload button..reload the page…still the same issue -- custom css not saving. 

Something to look into…it's becoming kind of a pain. 

greenfly

Ok ive been using DMS 2 for a few days and am not having this issue

Could you enable debug for us please? Site Settings > Advanced

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bhmedia

Debug mode activated…

In the custom CSS: 

.pageSub {
    font-size: 25px; 
    font-family: arial;
    color: grey;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    letter-spacing: -2px;
    font-weight: 100;
}

Been trying to change font size to 30 and spacing to -1 and when I refresh the old values come back and none of the changes obviously take place. 

greenfly

and can we have a link to your site please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

HI can you make sure your DMS is installed in the correct folder. 

Currently installed in /home/bhmhost/public_html/bhm/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

should be /home/bhmhost/public_html/bhm/wp-content/themes/dms

bhmedia

I'm re-uploading it…but your .zip creates the DMS folder with some additional files and a DMS folder within that one. 

greenfly

Hold on then. make sure you are following the steps here http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33474-dms-20/

bhmedia

Those are the same steps I followed this morning...

You zip file unzips to a folder that has files in the root plus another folder called DMS. That might be why it looks like dms/dms.

screenshot.png

bhmedia

So the Fallback is showing the correct settings while the DMS keeps displaying old settings. Unfortunately though, the content is referencing the DMS and not the Fallback.

greenfly

Hi could you create an admin logon for your site for us and send the credentials to hello at pagelines dot com and we will take a look into this further for you. 

Please add a link to this forum topic 

greenfly

Hi

Your front end is showing a cached version of the site front page. Information in your footer points to this.

could you completely remove the caching plugin from your site and make sure you clear the cache correctly before doing so. Once you have done this please try this again and let us know how you get on, 

If this doesnt work - please try disabling all you non-PageLines plugins and then seeing if this works. 

nickvdt14

I also seem to be having this problem. Custom CSS won't update for me either. 

Any help would be super awesome. Other than that Pagelines 2.0 is looking mighty fine!

Danny

nickvdt14 - Can you record your issue please, using an app such as Jing.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bhmedia

Still having the same issue here and followed the steps you sent previous: 

I had the cache plugin off, but turned it on to make sure I cleared anything out before deactivating it. It showed I had zero pages cached...I then deactivated and deleted it anyways. Still no change. 

I then turned off all the plugins and still had the issue. 

This is the same thing that happened with DMS 1 and you guys couldn't really resolve it. However, the problem was fixed after one of the updates. And no, my host does not cache their servers. 

Any new ideas?

greenfly

can you create an admin logon for your site and we will jump on and take a look. 

send credentials to hello at pagelines dot com with a link to this topic. 

bhmedia

I already did that for you guys…if you scroll up you'll see. The account login is still active if you need to get in. 

greenfly

can you provide the altered CSS you are trying to add via the pastebin at the top of the site  and pasting the link and we will be able to look into this for you. 

bhmedia

Here you go: http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/51-gqrmxw/

So here's another thing i just noticed when copying this for you…the custom CSS it shows is different for every page. For instance, if you go to the Website Design page you will see my paste bin code plus all my other CSS code in the Custom CSS area. However, if you go to the Corporate Profile page, the Custom CSS box is completely empty. 

markwphoto

Here you go: http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/51-gqrmxw/

So here's another thing i just noticed when copying this for you…the custom CSS it shows is different for every page. For instance, if you go to the Website Design page you will see my paste bin code plus all my other CSS code in the Custom CSS area. However, if you go to the Corporate Profile page, the Custom CSS box is completely empty. 

I'm having this exact same issue! Sometimes the css will save on one page but then when I go to another page it's gone or it's something different. No cache plugins are active. 

dawsonbarber

I'm having this exact same issue! Sometimes the css will save on one page but then when I go to another page it's gone or it's something different. No cache plugins are active. 

I've reported more or less the same issue here.

Different CSS on different pages, unable to actually delete CSS on front end editor on certain pages, and CSS/LESS fallback doesn't seem to "override" front end CSS.

Styles are also slightly different when logged in vs. logged out.

jennalyn11

Hi I'm having the same issue, debug error is DMS Internal Warning

Less Subsystem
Unable to set filesystem credentials

Please advise

Danny

I think I have just ran into the same issue, therefore, I have reported this to tracker.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GetMeWebDesign

I am not certain whether this is a fix, but I was having the same nightmare problem... clearing CSS and then it being reinstated (it was incorrect and wouldn't save the parse error correction either)

I then started looking at other pages on the site and noticed i had some that had no template assigned (Template : None)

AS soon as I assigned templates, all my CSS changes were saved and also matched those in the DMS CSS fall-backs on wp-admin

Cant say it will work for everyone, but mightily relieved that it has done so for me  :D

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!