Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhmedia

DMS 2 + Font Awesome Broken?

bhmedia

I was really happy to see that upgrading my current design business DMS 1.1.8 site to DMS 2 went pretty seamless, especially since I started my big redesign just last week. 

However, all of my font awesome characters are returning empty boxes…is there a new class code for font awesome in DMS 2.0? Been using the standard:

<i class="icon-envelope"></i>

But clearly this is broke now. Any insight? 

Thanks! 

Louie

Simon

DMS2 uses the very latest FA codes. FA updated the syntax a few months ago...

<i class="icon icon-envelope"></i>

<i class="fa fa-envelope"></i>

both valid

bhmedia

I just noticed that on another post…sorry for the redundant posting. I tried to delete this one but couldn't find it in my account options. 

Thanks!

greenfly

No Problem - No need to delete this :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

umar

Hi,

I tried both the syntaxes but all the font awesome characters returns empty boxes for me, please help

pehja

When I log in to the site the fonts have empty boxes. Not when loged out? Strange.. It is rather annoying to

work when you can´t se what you are doing. Anyone else with this fenomena?

http://cl.ly/image/3Y281v3m3A2s

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Ok, it might not be an issue with DMS but this fix is not the solution. This is a site that lives in a folder. And the main site and other sites in different folders are working just fine. This lives in public_html/foldername/ but I entered the code in that htacess file as in the fix.

That said. The font awesome just looks like this in DMS front end when logged in. Not when loged out! So if this is not related to DMS that is strange since DMS is the only thing that have a working front end called DMS.. :-) or?

Well it might be a plug issue. I will try that again and se if something else happens this time.

Pehja Production.png

pehja

Hm, I found this in my custom Less area  

#site  i {
  font-style: normal;
  font-family: 'PageLinesFont';
}

removed it and cleared the cache. No fix, then I unplugged a ply called "logos showcase" refreshed and it worked!! BUT then I activated the plug again and it still worked...so. Don't know what caused the problem but now it is solved!

Pehja Production.png

Danny

I am sorry, but I your two topics above I don't understand. Can you go into greater detail please how you resolved your issue. Was is it related to a plugin ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja

Sorry it's my poor spelling. I see now why you don't understood a thing I said.

The topics above should be " I removed the code (as I have pasted above) It did not help. Then I removed the plug "Logos showcase". I then refreshed the site and now it works.

Then I activated the plug but it still works. So I think it was the code that was the problem or the code and the plug. Don't know. But the problem has been resolved!

Hope you understood better this time ;-) 

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Hmm, odd how it still works after you enable the plugin again. Thanks for informing use the issue has been resolved, if it crops up again let us know.

Please search our forums, before posting!