Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

applotse

Transparent fixed NavBar in Pagelines DMS2

applotse    0
applotse

I'ld like to become a fixed NavBar not to be solid but transparent. What's the trick?

greenfly    230
greenfly

You can make changes to the style of your site using Custom CSS code. 

Details of how to customise your site can be found here http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

If you have any problems with this please let us know and details of what you have tried and we can help with your code. 

This will also help http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

applotse    0
applotse

I've tried to change the NavBar to transparent. Working on this for several hours now, I found out how to change my logo and menu font to transparent…

But, I haven't been able to get the color of the white menu bar to transparent nor I found any way how to style the menu font. Please, help me.

In the forum there's a snippet:

#site .navbar.pl-color-red {

#gradient .vertical(#000,#333);

}

What's the correct place to paste this snippet?

• Custom CSS/LESS field
  • Custom Styling Classes field
  • Inline CSS Styling field

I'm confused, sorry. Any hint for an elegant solution? This is the site I'm still working on [http://www.baysina.de]

greenfly    230
greenfly

Please read the documentation relating to customizations to understand the methods used http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

applotse    0
applotse

I've read this several times today – and I've searched for any hints in this forum. I've no clue on how to get this up and running…

It would really help me if anyone could dip my nose into the right direction.

greenfly    230
greenfly

How far have you got with adding the code? What methods have you tried? 

applotse    0
applotse

I've tried these methods:

Defining a styling in LESS/CSS:

.navbar-trans{
  background-color:#000000;
  opacity:0.6;
  filter:alpha(opacity=60); /* For IE8 and earlier */
}

Then inserting "navbar-trans" into Custom Styling Classes of Navi

This doesn't work. Also, I've tried several methods from tipps and snippets in the forum, but couldn't get the NavBar transparent. When scrolling up, I want to see the images behind the NavBar.

greenfly    230
greenfly

CSS classes - read more about these here http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_id_class.asp

Add you custom CSS code to the custom CSS area in your Visual Editor, 

The following text taken from http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/dms-customize-options

Adding Customization CSS

Adding CSS/LESS to PageLines DMS via the Custom Code Options, is fast and simple. All you need to do is navigate to **DMS Toolbar → Custom Code and select the Custom LESS/CSS tab, which will present you with the LESS/CSS Editor.

From here, simply add either custom CSS or LESS CSS and click publish, alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcuts [Cmd⌘+Return] or [Ctrl+Return] to Preview Live.

custom-cssless-editor.jpg

There are a growing number of online courses teaching web programming in the comfort of your browser. We highly recommend signing up and take advantage of these services which offer training, video lessons, coding challenges, and screencasts.

applotse    0
applotse

I was trying to manipulate the class_"pl-area-pad fix" but failed.

Capitulation…

I just wanna find someone to get paid for solving this issue for me. 

greenfly    230
greenfly

I'ld like to become a fixed NavBar not to be solid but transparent. What's the trick?

sorry im confused - you're original questions was regarding the nav styling. 

If you want to find someone to hire to work on your site please let our desk know on hello at PageLines dot com and they will be able to provide a list of developers taking on work. 

greenfly    230
greenfly

could i have a link to your site please?

greenfly    230
greenfly

please try 

.pl-fixed-top {

opacity:0.5;
}
  • Like 1

applotse    0
applotse

You've saved my day :-)

Such a simple solution to get this pretty! THANKS A LOT!

greenfly    230
greenfly

no problem 

glad it worked. 

• Similar Content

• Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• PierreFF
      By PierreFF+
      Hello, 
      I have an issue with NavPro on mobile when the link of the menue is on the same page. 
      Here is my website: http://foundersofthefuture.co
      The isssue comes from the fact that in my menue most of the items send somewhere else on the same page using anchor link (eg. #container_u788888). 
      This works well on desktop but on mobile, nothing happens when clicking on the link. One of the link of the menue of the homepage "France" sends to another page of the website and this one works well even on mobile. 
      I am using the Pagelines framework theme and also used a wordpress plugin (jQuery Smooth Scroll) for smooth scrolling . 
      Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if I need to provide more information. 
      Best,
      Pierre
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys. Just now trying out Platform 5. I like the reletive simplcity of the new interface but there are things I'm used to in DMS that I'm not seeing yet in 5. Is there a good manual, documentation, video series about some of the basics?
      In particular, I've got a simple navigation menu, created the standard way in WP menus section with several top level parents, then 3-4 children menu items below a couple parent items. Have them moved to the right to create the standard parent-child relationship but all I see on the page is the parent level items - no dropdown!. So I changed themes from Platform5 to the standard 2015 default theme and now I see absolutely no menu at top, except for the mobile (hamburger?) icon.
      In DMS, one had Navi and Navbar, etc sections and each would work differently and give different results. How do you work the menu system in 5? And how get different results ?
      thanks
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      I have a problem at http://kambo.world. Using navbar for the main site navigation. It works fine in normal/desktop mode [first screenshot], using the WP Menu I have specified. But in hamburger mode it seems to do its own thing, picking a few pages at random [second screenshot] A fix for this greatly appreciated!