Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Uploading DMS2 did not work

jane

Hi,

I got the alert that DMS2  is now available; I've downloaded it along with the psd files. I tried to upload the zip file in the themes section of  the dashboard but it failed.

How do I upload it? Is it not as simple as uploading a new theme?

Thanks

(Please note despite having a developer account I cannot post my questions to the Developer/Business forum - I do not have access to it; thanks)

greenfly

As you are probably aware ever since 1.1 of DMS was released we have been working hard on the next major version. For the last few months we have been testing and optimizing the code and as of tonight we are happy to make DMS 2.0 available to our loyal customers.

How to get it

If you already have a live subscription of DMS 1.x be it pro, business or developer you will already have the links to the new 2.0 version of DMS right there in your my-account area on www.pagelines.com.

Here is a link to how the grandfathering system works: http://www.pagelines.com/new-packages-and-pricing/

To upgrade using the built in WordPress updates system:

• Download the PageLines Updater Plugin from my-account.
  • Make sure to add your DMS key into the licence area.
  • After a few moments WordPress should inform you of an update.
  • BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP

To upgrade via FTP etc:

• Download the new DMS 2.0 zip from your my-account area.
  • Unzip to your desktop.
  • BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP
  • Put your site into maintenance mode with a plugin like this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-maintenance-mode/
  • Using FTP navigate to your themes folder (wp-content/themes)
  • Rename dms folder to dms_1_backup
  • Create a new dms folder
  • Upload all the files from the folder you unzipped on the desktop
  • That it, WordPress should now be using the updated theme files, if everything is good delete the backup folder and disable maintenance mode.

Again PLEASE make a backup before updating a live site. Updates are not automatic. Its up to you if you want to update.

the 1.1.x branch of DMS will continue to be updated with backports from the new 2.0 code as best we can.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jane

Thank you! This is a great help Martin Davies, much appreciated!

greenfly

Hello jane - no problem - i responded to your other post with a direction to email our desk. If you can explain the issue with accounts to the desk. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"