Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunny

Navigation Bar Issue

sunny

Hello,

I am having issue with the navigation bar of my site. I am not able to create a horizontal menu. I try looking into all forum posts and follow some of the suggested sollutions, but nothing worked. As well as there is an issue when I create a submenu. See the red bar on the screenshot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://blogs.umb.edu/themetest/

greenfly

Could you first try disabling all non-pagelines plugins to see if this resolves your issue. Also do you have any custom code on your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

sunny

Hello,

Thank you for your replay! I did not have any plugins since I recently set up the site.

The only code I have is to change the css color schema for the navigation. (see below)

It's really strange, I have been using the same theme for 2 sites before and never encounter this issue.

.navbar-inner { background-color:#006699; }
.navbar-inner a { color:#ffffff; }
.navbar .searchform .searchfield { background-color:#ffffff; }
ul.dropdown-menu { background-color:#cc0000; color:#ffffff; }
ul.dropdown-menu a { color:#ffffff; }

.navbar .navline > li > a {
  color:rgba(255,255,255,1);
  text-shadow:0 -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.25);
}

greenfly

Could you try removing the CSS and see what happens? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

sunny

Hi,

I did that. Nothing change!

One thing I noticed is that the search field stays at the begining of the navigation bar ( I also try to hide it, but  did not worked). Not sure if the search filed is causing the problem?

I also disactivate the theme and activate again. Nothing changed!

sunny

Hi,

Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

greenfly

If you could create an admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello at pagelines dot com along with a link to this forum topic we will be able to take a look at this for you. 

Stefano Zorzi

Martin Davies HI, I've got the same problem and I cannot find a solution... I need some help

Stefano Zorzi

@Martin Davies Ok sorry, I already solved the problem... my mistake!  :D

greenfly

ok thank you for letting us know - how did you solve the problem?