Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

myuntangledmedia

DMS 2 Child Theming

myuntangledmedia

Hi Guys,

Just downloaded the new version to play with and I'm pretty stoked to dig in and see what it's made of! First question that immediately came to me is in regards to child themes. I've built all my sites with the basic, first gen (DMS 1.x) version base theme and I'm wondering if that's still OK to use on sites moving forward with v2 or will you be releasing (or has anyone out there put together) a new child of some sort for us to crank out with!?

Thank you!

Jacob Clayton

Chief Geek and PageLines Lover @ MyUntangledTM Media, LLC

Bloggin' @ MyUntangedLife.com

greenfly

Hello Jacob

Hope you are well :) 

More information regarding theming for DMS v2 will be released really soon. It will be easier than ever :) 

For the moment you are still able to use the Child themes as you had previously. 

If you need a bare bones child theme, Danny had one added to GitHub which contains nothing but the bare minimum. Let me get the link and i will update the thread for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

myuntangledmedia

Martin Davies - Hello old friend!!! Hope you are well and I'm sure they are keeping you busy with this rollout!

Looking forward to easier than ever theming and I'll take you up on a bare bones child for sure.

You ROCK as per usual!!!! Please say hello to the guys for me.

Jacob Clayton

Chief Geek and PageLines Lover @ MyUntangledTM Media, LLC

Bloggin' @ MyUntangedLife.com

greenfly

batman you truly do rock.. thakn you for providing the link for me.. :) 

myuntangledmedia apologies for the delay in providing the link 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Thanks Jacob :) 

alisamski

More information regarding theming for DMS v2 will be released really soon. It will be easier than ever :)

For the moment you are still able to use the Child themes as you had previously. 

Martin Davies Can you explain (for the moment?)  If we are using the Basic, will it be an issue moving forward?