Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ketri

How can I have a full-size uncropped thumbnail in a single post view?

ketri    7
ketri

Hello

When editing a single post, I seem to only have some options for the post thumbnail, and I have to choose between a cropped full-size image or a tiny image.

How can I have an uncropped fullsize image as the post thumbnail in a single post view?

Thank you!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello @ketri 

Could we have a link to your site so we can see what you mean.?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ketri    7
ketri

Hello @ketri 

Could we have a link to your site so we can see what you mean.?

Unfortunately its local, but here are the screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddb6e3z03gceekk/Screenshot%202014-03-27%2019.57.28.png This is my postpins view on the frontpage. The thumbnails are shown normally.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Screenshots/Screenshot%202014-03-27%2019.57.41.png?_subject_uid=44555989&w=AADJyNvxyMkOnA2zt0GteBbPPtdmWECau__QmhlTwe5n3A This is my single post view, and the thumbnail is cropped. How can I have a fullsize uncropped post thumbnail in a single post view?

greenfly    230
greenfly

the second image doesn't load - could you have a look at this for us so we can see what you mean. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ketri    7
ketri

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vch6b8ila2eei4h/Screenshot%202014-03-27%2019.57.41.png How about now?

So the problem is that when I view a single post and there is the Featured Image for the single post, the Featured image for it is cropped so it is not the full height original version of the photo, but it is cropped vertically so it's displaying the 'landscape-thumb' version. I don't know how else to explain it.

When users read on a single blog post, I want it to show the full, uncropped image.

I managed to do this with a solution I'm not very happy with, but editing the line 177 of the postloop section.php. I replaced the 'landscape-thumb' with 'large'

How can I do this without coding? I for example will probably never want to have automatically cropped images for my posts in any project.
There is the setting "Select Thumb Size (  Global Option ) "  but it does not affect single posts, it probably just affects the main loop with multiple blog posts?

Thanks!

James B    436
James B

Hi there in the postloop for the single post page you can change the image size from the drop down - http://screencast.com/t/HrjEMgMHio4l the global option means that this will take affect on all single post pages.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      How do you move the thumbnail on a blog post?  I need the thumbnails for the blogroll page, but they show up at the top of the actual post page.  Normally, this would be fine, but I've been requested to put it under the blog title.  Any suggestions?
      Thanks.
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      Hi would like to have the thumbnail photos on the left side and not on the top of the topic to the blog post. Where can i fix that?
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/blog/
      Greetings from Hamburg,
      Tristan
    • Seejman
      By Seejman
      Hi guys,
      Am loving the theme. Slight issue, however: when I view a list of blog posts in a category archive the image thumbnails aren't displaying. Is there anything you might be able to suggest that would fix the problem? Perhaps changing the maximum dimensions or something? :/

Any help would be amazing. 
      Cheers,
      Sam.
    • aldisney
      By aldisney+
      Hi--
      I was wondering if there was a relatively easy to way automatically assign a thumbnail to a post category when displaying posts in the Masonic Gallery format, when the post doesn't have a featured image? I've got a client with a ton of posts that just won't have any featured images, but each category has a header image. I'd like to display the header image as the thumbnail for all these posts, since, going forward, my client does actually plan to use featured images.

Thanks!