Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ppotent

How do I upgrade without DMS2 ruining my site

ppotent

Okay, here we go again.

So I have 4 pages, each with a separate template. When I upgrade, it looks like one template is being applied to all the pages, so I end up with all pages being more or less the same. Once again, the fixed navbar setting get wiped, footer content is lost.

I'm getting pretty sick of this happening all the time. 6 weeks ago, the only way I could resolve the constant resetting of my navbar and footer was to wipe the site, re-install wordpress and DMS and start over from scratch, and now it looks like I have to do it again.

Is this just me? If so, what am I doing?

I don't use custom CSS, I'm not doing anything fancy. I don't use many plugins and all have been turned on and off ad nauseam with no impact on the site...other than the DMS Pro Tools plug in which alway wipes my footer and header if I activate it. So I just don't use it.

Danny

Hi,

I updated a number of test sites and not once did I encounter any issue after upgrading. Can you explain in further detail what you mean when you say you don't use DMS Pro Tools as it wipes your header/footer when activated ? That shouldn't be happening.

Also, can you provide a link to your site and enable DMS Debug mode please. What plugins do you use ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jennajonesdesign

Hi! I have not tried to upgrade yet. I am just wondering if there are any special instructions or known bugs when upgrading? It looks like it requires more than just updating from the dashboard. Did you guys post any special instructions somewhere?

greenfly

Hello @Jennajonesdesign 

Please see the following post which is pinned to the top of the DMS Pro Forum - Instructions on how to go about upgrading are detailed there for you 

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33474-dms-20/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ppotent

My plug-ins are:

Classy

Compact Audio Player
Custom sidebars
DMS Breadcrumb NavXT
Duplicate Post
Google Sitemap
Jetpack by WordPress.com
MailChimp for WordPress Lite
PageLines Updater
Teammate
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
WordPress Importer
WP-PageNavi

URL: http://www.performancepotential.com.au

Yes, debug is enabled: http://performancepotential.com.au/?pldebug=1

I've tried deleting all templates, then updating. I've tried re-allocating the templates to the pages and saving and updating. Each page has a completely separate template. Every time, I end up with one template being applied over all the pages, and one them ends up with a mix of content from 3 different pages.

ppotent

Okay, so how is this for awesomely crap. So for example, I have three pages and each page has a template. Page A - Template A, Page B - Template B, Page C - Template C.

So I go ahead and delete Template A and page A. I update to DMS 2 and guess what? Pages B and C are almost exact copies of Page A (the only thing that remains correct is the flipper).

How is that possible if the page and the template have been deleted???