Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Thomas

PHP Errors in 2.0 and Plugin Incompatibility

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

I had no problems updating 2.0 on MultiSite, but everything was slow as molasses and I received the warning messages from the page load times over 5 seconds. 

I have debug enabled, have flushed the cache, and have received the following notice:

"Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913"

Let me know how to correct this. 

Additionally, this shows up on other sites in the multisite:

"Notice: register_metatab is deprecated since version 1.2 of PageLines DMS! Use section_opts() instead. in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 272"

***the following is just to share info with others about compatibility with 2.0***

Additionally, there were conflicts with Audio Player and Nick's Formats sections, which were deactivated. 

Additionally, there is an error with Uber Menu

"Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/core/UberMenu.class.php on line 1011 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/core/UberMenu.class.php on line 1011 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/core/UberMenu.class.php on line 1011 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /www/wp-content/plugins/ubermenu/core/UberMenu.class.php on line 1011"

Nick's SlabText returns this error:

"Notice: Undefined property: baBigText::$icon in /www/wp-content/plugins/slabtext/sections/slabtext/section.php on line 188"

Revolution Slider does not render properly in 2.0. It's fine in the preview within the Revolution Slider backend, but on the page, the container is not visible. 

Despite Audio Player being deactivated, it still returns an error on several of my sites in multisite (but not the main site):

"Notice: Undefined property: AudioPlayer::$icon in /www/wp-content/plugins/audio-player/sections/audio-player/section.php on line 595"

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI Rob,

On a vanilla installation, I am not receiving the following error anywhere.

"Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913"
This leads to believe that this is related to a plugin which is using deprecated functions from Wordpress. I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if the error is removed.

Notice: register_metatab is deprecated since version 1.2 of PageLines DMS! Use section_opts() instead. in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 272"

This is likely caused by you using an old section, such as the old Feature, Boxes, Banners etc.. sections from PageLines Framework. These section will not function correctly as of DMS 1.2. You will need to either remove these sections, or if they're caused by another section, either see if there is an update or inform us which section is causing the error and we can contact the developer.

In regards to sections developed by Nick, you will need to contact him, all sections will likely require an update to make them compatible with DMS 2.0 and Nick no longer uses our forum to provide support. He provides his own support on his forums.

Sections like Audio player again will need updating, we are going to reach out with the devs in the next few days Ive been told.

The Rev Slider plugin, how are you adding it to your template? Our developers have said that things like Sliders shouldn't be added via a shortcode to a MediaBox or TextBox section, the correct method would be to either use the shortcode in the Wordpress page or post editor or if you don't want to use it in that way, use a hook. I don't have the plugin to test myself, but when I tried it on DMS 1.x via a hook, I had no issues.

Like the Rev Slider, I don't have access to the UberMenu plugin. However, I have made a note of this and will bring it to the developers as he/she has a section on the PageLines store.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas
Thanks, Danny.

I use the Rev Slider as a widget using Widgetizer. That's how I've used it since the beginning of DMS.

It's 3 am here. I'll have a look see tomorrow at all of this (the rest) and report back.

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK thanks.

FYI, I've emailed the author of the UberMenu for you.

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

Update: 

deactivated all plugins, flushed the cache, and the following remained:

"Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913

Nick's SlabText was the meta error. I have contacted him about the issue. I believe that was creating the problems for the site loading (as the one site where SlabText is activated will not even load the visual editor at this point). 

Revolution Slider is fine in all versions of DMS 1.x. I have used it without incident since the beginning of DMS. It is only in 2.0 that there is an issue. And it seems to simply be an issue of not rendering the container (as it works fine in the preview window in the backend section of the plugin, but there is no container showing up on the sites). I will contact the Revolution Slider people. There was an upgrade to the plugin yesterday or the day before. I had assumed it would be for this issue, but it did not resolve the problem.  

Simon    247
Simon

DMS does not use $wpdb->escape() anywhere in the code

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

thanks, Simon.

I suspect this may be related to WP Multisite and not a plugin. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Rob Thomas - I received a reply from Chris, the developer of UberMenu and he informed me of the following (which I did actually suspect was the case, but wanted to be sure).

If that warning is occurring, it would indicate that that function has not returned valid menu objects inside the array, which I suspect simply means that the user hasn't created a menu yet.  Try having them create a menu in Appearance > Menus and let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue :)

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas
These are sites I've been using for a long time (5-6 months) with functioning menus. Using UberMenu. With menus created in Appearance > Menus

So, saying I haven't created a menu makes no sense to me?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Well thats what Chris wrote me, if you send me the plugins zip, I can test it myself.

danny at pagelines dot com

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas
FYI: Nick is no longer supporting any of his his Pagelines products.

**I am just putting this here so you and others are aware**

Nick's BA Shortcodes also interferes with the Navbar in DMS 2.0.

Also, Flywheel says not to worry about [font='Open Sans']"Notice: wpdb::escape is [/font][font='Open Sans']deprecated[/font][font='Open Sans'] since version 3.6! Use wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2913" (it may be related to Multisite and Sunrise.php[/font]

[font='Open Sans']Re: the RevSlider issue, I was told by the developer: [/font]
[font=Arial]
There's a conflict with one of your theme's styles. To fix, add the following CSS to your theme's "style.css" file:
[/font]

.widget_revslider {overflow: visible !important;}

.tp-bannershadow {z-index: 999 !important;}

greenfly    230
greenfly

For support with Nick's products please contact him directly http://nickhaskins.co/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

For support with Nick's products please contact him directly http://nickhaskins.co/

Martin Davies, I did that. I'm sharing information with you and everyone else here that he no longer supports ANY of his Pagelines products, even at the site you directed me to. (So, don't refer me, or any of his other customers, to him or his site: they just have to discontinue using any of his Pagelines products).

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for the update Rob.

Also, I've used the UberMenu plugin with UberMenu adaptor section and I have not encountered your issue. UberMenu works just fine.

http://cl.ly/image/1P2U3n1E1k1Z

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas
I probably need to delete Nick's plugins to end the conflict. If BA shortcodes conflicts with menus in DMS 2.0, then it likely is causing this conflict in UberMenu (and delete, as opposed to simple deactivation, will show that). In any event, I need to go through and replace any instance where I've used bA shortcodes. It would've been easier to find other solutions in the first place.

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

ARGHHHHH !! I am not blaming you guys, but I need your help resolving this. 

After deleting Nick's BA Shortcodes, I am now getting this: 

Notice: pagelines_register_sections is deprecated since version 2.0 of PageLines DMS! Use $editorsections->get_sections() instead. in /www/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/deprecated.php on line 272

Additionally, when debug is turned on, the items in the visual editor--the whole section for adding sections, settings, and everything--becomes invisible (so you are seeing parts of it, but also you see through to the webpage and you cannot use it). See posted image below. Is there a way to resolve this? 

http://imagesoferoticism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/DMS2_Screen.jpg

• Similar Content

• casseysdesigns
      By casseysdesigns+
      In the past I would use nextbox for this task. However, Platform 5 does not have nextbox. I will do my best to describe what I am trying to do.
      I am creating a template for coaches, each product has its own link but they all share a common coach id. I want to set up the templates with the links for each product with a variable for the coach id so that I can change the coach id for all the links on the site by just changing the value of the variable $coachId. To do this I'll need to do something like the following...
      <a href="salesite.com/productcodes/referringRepId=<?= $coachId ?>" target="_blank">Product Purchase Link</a> Is it possible to do this with Platform 5?
    • janpeeters
      By janpeeters+
      I read a lot lately about how much faster PHP 7 is than older versions. Is PL5 compatible with 7?
      Does anyone have experience with running their whole PL5 site on PHP 7? Would love to hear your experiences.
      Thanks, Jan
    • dymond
      By dymond+
      I've been trying to upload a video to use as a video background, but the size was 12m, and the alotted max file size is 8m. I downloaded a couple of pugins that increase the size by creating php.ini files and all of that jazz, but to no avail. It would say (Max file size = 250mb) but after I uploaded I would get an "HTTP ERROR",
      Soooo I logged into my cpanel and saw that the php I was using was 4 version out of date. I upgraded my php to PHP 5.6 and now I get
      Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 15 bytes) in /homepages/39/d200014696/htdocs/dymondentertainment.com/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.plugin.php on line 848
      When I activiate another theme that is not pagleines, the site works fine.... but will no longer work with Pagelines DMS Version 2.2

My site has no gone dark. What can I do?
    • mno
      By mno+
      In DMS we used to have the section "PLNextBox"that was pretty handy for adding php code in different parts of the page. I used it a lot in global sections like the footer and header to detect what is the current language of the site and based on that output the right string.
      Is the embed section going to support php in the future? are you bringing PLNextBox to PL5? is there another way to work with multiple languages for the global footer and header sections?

• station16
      By station16
      I installed DMS for a new site and got an error message on install and when I install any plugin.
      Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/208781/domains/prevailcoffee.co/html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/less.legacy.php on line 818
      I installed the latest DMS 2.1.9.6

Please advise. I'm now having issues getting any plugins to work. Not sure what to do next.
      thanks,
      -b