Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

insatiableiam

Full Width Image within sections

insatiableiam    0
insatiableiam

I want to achieve creating a full width image within a section box (now called canvas if I am not mistaken with DMS 2.0) Although I am having a bit difficult doing this as the only way a full width image would apply is if I have it set as a background image while having something within the section box to show for it otherwise the background image doesn't show.

Now to clear it up, I don't want a background image, I want to achieve an image that stretches across the whole page, as if it were in a media box/text bot but restricted to the centering if that makes any sense whatsoever. This would be possible if I was changing an width traditionally within the container but I am trying to figure out how to do it with DMS.

Much appreciated! 

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello @instatiableiam

Are you using DMS v2? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

insatiableiam    0
insatiableiam

Yes I am Martin, I was trying to figure out to set this up with the previous version but never had the time to learn it but now with the DMS v2, I definitely want to achieve it because it really adds flavor to the website.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Ok - you have posted in the Free Version forum so i will move this for you. Please try and post in the correct forum so we know which version you are using. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B    436
James B

Client emailed the desk, not using the pro version and since topic was moved couldn't access the forum. Have moved back into the free support forum.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B