Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mckdesign

DMS2 and PostLoop Page Titles

mckdesign

Hi. Upgraded today. So far, working pretty well on an existing site. However, I notice that my PostLoop page titles aren't displaying, and it's not an option for the section (that I can see, at least). I had them enabled in 1.1.8.

I've looked over the docs online. Where/how does one globally display page titles, and how does one disable locally, in DMS 2?

Thanks!

Tim

greenfly

do you have a link to your site so we can see how you have this setup? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B

Hi there,

I'm not sure I'm following what you mean, do you mean a title for the postloop area? If so this is included in the section options - http://screencast.com/t/UCDc2Mtg5fEi

Or do you mean like in the Framework where it used to have an option for the page title to be displayed at the top of a static page?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mckdesign

Hi, James. I meant like in DMS 1.1.7, where one could opt to show or hide the Page Title on a static page. See http://54.83.19.162/page-title.png

In my template in that version, all static pages will display the page title. In the new version, it appears now that my users will be required to add the page title in the DMS editor for each and every page on the website, instead of it being pulled from the WordPress page editor.

Seems an odd change in section behavior, NOT to show the title of a page. Does this mean I need to write a function to automatically add Page Titles to static pages?

Thanks for clarifying

PeriniNero

James B I'm also looking for a way to show titles at pages, just from the WP CMS.

Danny

Hi,

Goto the the PostLoop section settings and underneath Layout & Config, you should see Show page title? and check the box.

Please search our forums, before posting!

PeriniNero

Danny its only visible after "Enable Legacy Mode" is enabled, where is stated that it will not be supported in future releases. Or am I wrong?

mckdesign

That's what I've done for now, but am concerned that this is considered the solution.

greenfly

This has been reported back to core team and it is likely an additional functionality will be available going forward. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

PeriniNero

Thanks Martin Davies

greenfly

no problem - will try and update you all as soon as i hear more 

brianr

I'd like to second the suggestion that the 'Legacy' option of showing your Page titles by default be part of a future release. This seems like a core feature. Thanks.