Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orson1129

My DMS settings are irregularly changed to default settings.

orson1129
The problematic settings are typography & Custom LESS/CSS

1.png2.png

Danny

HI,

If I understand your issues correctly, all your settings are together, this will be caused by either a custom script or a plugin, this isn't a DMS issue. Please remove all custom scripts and disable plugins.

Please search our forums, before posting!

orson1129

I don't fully understand your words. And I haven't used any custom scripts or plugins.( I only use a little custom CSS on the area "custom less/css")

The following is my debug link:    http://www.microstep.com.tw/?pldebug=1

Thanks so much for your help. 

greenfly

As Danny previously advised - could you try 

HI,

If I understand your issues correctly, all your settings are together, this will be caused by either a custom script or a plugin, this isn't a DMS issue. Please remove all custom scripts and disable plugins.

You have a number of plugins installed and active http://screencast.com/t/HzMLLxGR8SqI

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

orson1129

As Danny previously advised - could you try 

You have a number of plugins installed and active http://screencast.com/t/HzMLLxGR8SqI

You mean I can’t use any plugin with DMS ?

There are only 3 plugins not from pagelines store ,and I used that for a long time.

Simon

You mean I can’t use any plugin with DMS ?

No what he means is the only way we can try and figure out what is conflicting with the javascript/css is to go back to basics and disable all plugins.

If you still get the issue with no plugins activated then its an issue with dms, if not its an issue with one of the plugins you deactivated, simple logic. 

orson1129

No what he means is the only way we can try and figure out what is conflicting with the javascript/css is to go back to basics and disable all plugins.

If you still get the issue with no plugins activated then its an issue with dms, if not its an issue with one of the plugins you deactivated, simple logic. 

I understand your simple logic ,but I’m very depressed by the sensitive of the DMS.

James B

There's always a possibility that plugins will conflict with a theme, you will unfortunately find this with most themes that you'll install a plugin every now and then and one will eventually cause as issue as the code conflict. Once you can determine which one is causing the problem then you can move forwards in finding a fix or replacing the plugin with an alternative.

Please let us know what results you have once the plugins are deactivated and which, if any is causing the problem so we can advise further for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

orson1129
This time I disabled all plugins except the ones from pagelines store.
please notice the changes of the logo,footer,and Typography

http://youtu.be/4bF8tqn61L8

Danny

OK, can you please keep all plugins disabled, which is something you haven't done as I am not able to access your site due to you having a splash page plugin active.

So please disable all plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, but in DMS Pro Tools make sure you do not have Section Caching active. Then try again and see if this resolves your issue.

If the above suggestion doesn't work, then please keep all plugins disabled and provide a link to your site (making sure that splash/password protected page is disabled) and enable DMS Debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Also, are you using DMS 2.0 ? As there was a saving problem which some users experienced, this may also be effecting you too, if you're still using an older version of DMS.

One other thing, I noticed that you added HTML code to a TextBox section, TextBox sections are supposed to house Text, not HTML even though it will work. If you wish to use HTML, you should be adding it to a MediaBox.

Please search our forums, before posting!

orson1129

OK, can you please keep all plugins disabled, which is something you haven't done as I am not able to access your site due to you having a splash page plugin active.

So please disable all plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, but in DMS Pro Tools make sure you do not have Section Caching active. Then try again and see if this resolves your issue.

If the above suggestion doesn't work, then please keep all plugins disabled and provide a link to your site (making sure that splash/password protected page is disabled) and enable DMS Debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Also, are you using DMS 2.0 ? As there was a saving problem which some users experienced, this may also be effecting you too, if you're still using an older version of DMS.

One other thing, I noticed that you added HTML code to a TextBox section, TextBox sections are supposed to house Text, not HTML even though it will work. If you wish to use HTML, you should be adding it to a MediaBox.

When I made the video, the plugin “WP Maintenance Mode” is disabled.(Is this the splash page plugin you mentioned before?)

The reason why I don’t want to disable all the plugins is that I’ll lose the content created by the plus section.(like the better box)
Besides, the errors occurred so randomly that I couldn’t test it by each plugin.
Nevertheless, this time I’ll disable all the plugins and see the result.

My wp-admin panel doesn’t advise me to upgrade the DMS version.
My current version is 1.18. Please show me how to update it. 

orson1129

I have found how to upgrade the DMS and it looks awesome.

I'll test the problem under DMS 2.0 and see the result.

Thank you.