Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon

DMS 2.0 + how to upgrade from DMS 1.1.x

asialove    6
asialove

what is the new feautres included in this dms 2.0?

James B    436
James B

A Changelog will be released shortly with the full details. It's a major update there's quiet a lot.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Aires+    258
Aires

I noticed that DMS and DMS 2 sites have different login's is the DMS site going to be shut down or how is this going to work.  

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires+    258
Aires

I will also add you have really out done yourselves ... Looks awesome ..great job.  :D

• Like 1

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Rob Thomas+    7
Rob Thomas

James Giroux I know you use DMS on a WP multisite, as do I. Are there any issues with upgrading a WP multisite?

2.0 is pretty beautiful, guys. I am just playing around a little and it's super nice. good job!

batman    389
batman

Hi there

James Giroux said

"Please don't update on a live site without testing first."

You test your site on a development server or locally here you can see how do it locally.

http://www.pagelines.com/local-development-tips-for-dms/

• Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

asialove    6
asialove

The pageline dms 2.0 works perfect!!!

• Like 1

batman    389
batman

The DMS 2.0 works fine to me ! 

:)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

illinimatt81    21
illinimatt81

Very excited to get DMS2 running on my sites. Really glad to hear some have had no install issues or upgrading either. 

I just installed the pagelines updater and entered my keys but not seeing the update in WP yet. How long should it take to appear? I'm doing it on my local server first to ensure no issues.

UPDATE: Resolved! Just took a while!

Danny    1,327
Danny

I've just ran a test locally and as soon as I had the plugin activated, I went to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and there was an update available.

Please search our forums, before posting!

AEP    2
AEP

Looking forward to downloading it.  I just purchased the Developer 1 license on 2/14/14...not too long ago for a lot more than the new pricing schedule for stand alone developer. Is there a credit to apply towards the Developer Club license for the difference?  Can't wait to upgrade...please let me know.

jmad+    80
jmad

After backing up, I deleted DMS 1 via FTP and installed DMS2 via the wordpress installer and it worked great, prompting me to install the DMS updater and landing me at the point to drop in my Key.

jmad+    80
jmad

Aires

What do you mean the logins are different?

Posted Today, 01:03 AM

I noticed that DMS and DMS 2 sites have different login's is the DMS site going to be shut down or how is this going to work.  

James B    436
James B

Aires do you mean because you login in the Wp admin and not via the DMS control bar?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

janpeeters+    31
janpeeters

Just wanted to let the Pagelines team know that I'm really impressed with the 2.0 update. Things have really evolved. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Ryan Logan+    0
Ryan Logan

Installed the Updater Plugin, inserted my DMS license key and it says Invalid License Key.  Doesn't matter which field I put the license key in.

All good now.  It was the combo (email addr / key) I was entering.

• Like 1

Simon    247
Simon

Installed the Updater Plugin, inserted my DMS license key and it says Invalid License Key.  Doesn't matter which field I put the license key in.

Is the email the same one as the one from your order?

Ryan Logan+    0
Ryan Logan

Looks beautiful. Excited to dig in.  Great work!

sheilahoff+    63
sheilahoff

I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I'm on a dev server. I renamed the old DMS and FTP'd the new one and activated it. It does not retain the settings from the old one. It sounds like I needed this "updater" but I don't see that in my account. How do I get it? And will that make it so more of the site's configuration is retained? Like I said this is on a dev server and actually just a test site. But I will need to know the correct procedure before trying this on a site that matters. Thanks for any clarifications.

PS: I was able to add my activation code in the Dashboard and THEN saw the Updater option in the DMS interface. That returned most of the look of the site. Although it left me with a fix nav at the top I need to find a way to turn off. But better.

UPDATE: it turns out the navi in box mode has a bug which is why I couldn't remove it.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

Looks great and love the new options! However, quick question- any hints on the update with an existing child theme? (I've been using Nick's base theme but I know he's no longer developing for pagelines.) I'd love to be able to update but tested it out on my local set-up and styles went missing. Thanks!

Aires+    258
Aires

Aires do you mean because you login in the Wp admin and not via the DMS control bar?

No, I wasn't aware I was on the dms 2 here live site and tried to login under shop not sure what i was thinking ..sorry for the confusion. 

ndTgvai.jpg

greenfly    230
greenfly

Guys - can you create topics if you have problems with DMS - it's not feasible to try and respond to issues added to this topic.. Thanks :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Nicholas Kyriakides+    2
Nicholas Kyriakides

My site is a mess because of this new version something is not right with the dms 2.0 when i downloaded it unzipped it and uploaded it to ftp after renaming the older version. i followed everything on the post and still its a big mess. terrible this dms 2.0 it hasn't a good way to upgrade from the older version very bad and annoying sorry! Isn't there a better way for upgrading from the older version to the new one?!

UPDATE: The reason after disabling all of my plugins I finally found that "Bad Ass Shortcodes" v.2.1 broke my site after enabling it. The creator must update it hopefully soon for the reflection to the DMS 2.0 new version.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?