Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Olly

Google Books Embed Code Causing Problems

Olly

I am trying to embed this code in a text box:

<script src="http://books.google.com/books/previewlib.js"></script>
<script>GBS_setLanguage('en');</script>
<script>GBS_insertPreviewButtonPopup('ISBN:
 9781846246463');</script>

Every time I paste it in the whole front-end display just goes blank. It's not crashing exactly - when I remove focus after pasting, the display goes white (like I've open a blank tab). Can anyone else reproduce this? It's really strange?!

James B

Hi there, the text box isn't designed for scripts and formats the content in a specific way, you'll be bale to do this in a media box using the html embed option.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Olly

I have just tried it with a Media box and while the code is accepted the button is not displaying when I refresh the page.

Cany anyone tell me what is going wrong? How does one begin to debug a problem like this in Pagelines?

Danny

Well the problem isn't ours, its the code you're trying to add. We can not provide support to a custom script, you will need to contact the author for assistance. I've view the page where you have from the looks of it got that snippet from and half of the demos give a 404.

Please search our forums, before posting!