Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rijans

Sections gets auto deleted!

rijans

The worst thing(happens with me) about DMS is auto deletion of sections that I never told here! But recently this problem increased!

What I means is sometimes I see, some of my site sections disappeared, then I go to DMS editor and find the section deleted!!! 

Recently this problem is in increase!

Today I had to re-add my sections 6 times!!!!

Yesterday 3 times!!

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

.......Feeling Rockstar with DMS! .......

....I believe there's nothing like DMS....

batman

Hi rijans

I take a look to this site (techgainer.com)

What section is disappeared ?

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

rijans

batman mostly sidebar column, content-loop etc

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

Danny

This issue has been reported a few times. However, not one of the reports by these users has been able to give exact steps into recreating the issue. Have you made sure all plugins are disable and that you have section caching disabled on the DMS Pro Tools plugin, that feature is experimental and will not function on all server configurations.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rijans

Danny Section caching is disabled! It happened few times even when plugins are all disabled!

BTW I'v found the reason behind this issue(maybe)! 

It happens if you stop the website while loading the editor(I mean when the editor isn't fully loaded) in browser or close the tab while in boot screen("Loading DMS Screen") !! 

Now can you figure out the issue? Is it possible to fix?

Danny

Well if you do as you say above, of course that kind of action is going to have an effect on how your site functions. You're stopping the DMS editor from loading, this isn't a bug, this is something you're doing yourself, which is causing the issue. This isn't something we can fix as far as I can see, this is a user action, its like throwing a brick in front of your bike, you falling of and then blaming the bike because you fell off.

rijans

Yes I know! :D  

Danny

:D

rijans

BTW when the DMS v2 will be pushed to Update? 

greenfly

DMS update will be ready when it is ready - very soon 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"