Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennalyn11

Transparent content on home page

jennalyn11

Want to make home page content transparent and have a block content background on the rest of the site. 

http://lovejoyfarmpartnership.com/ password: eternity

Used to framework so just getting to grips with DMS code I used was

.home .content {
background-color: transparent;
} !important

James B

Hi there,

The code required to make this are transparent in DMS will differ to the Framework as the layout options are slightly different.

Try

.home body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
    background: none;}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jennalyn11

Sorry that didn't work 

jennalyn11

Also similar issue with footer, I was that to be transparent on all page. Sorry, used to framework so this will take me a while! 

.footer {
background-color: none;
}

Danny

Hi,

Try the following:

.home.display-boxed .boxed-wrap {
background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
box-shadow: none;
}

.home #footer {
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

jennalyn11

Neither worked sorry! 

jennalyn11

Just checked in new window and it has worked thanks! 

jennalyn11

I want the footer transparent on all pages, have tried

#footer {
}

This makes it transparent on the home page (which is already transparent) but not on the about page that has a colour content bg/ 

Danny

That will require extensive CSS, as you're using the Box mode, which basically wraps around everything. So in order to achieve a transparent footer, you're going to need to change your whole custom CSS and add your background color to the pl-content div. I recommend you use Google Chrome and the built in dev tools to inspect your elements and try removing the background-color you have assigned to the box-wrap div.

jennalyn11

I've played around with this and it's not working for me. It's likely that all of my DMS sites (and I have quiet a lot to build) will require these same setting so if you coud assist me it would be great. 

Danny

Unfortunately, we do not provide extensive CSS support, which is what this is. It is achievable, but you will need to do this yourself, I recommend you using Google Chromes Dev tools to inspect your elements and then make the appropriate changes.

If you're still having difficulty, you can either sign up to a CSS specific forum for help or contact one of the developers on our resources pages.

http://docs.pagelines.com/resources

jennalyn11

What do I pay a monthly subscription for? I will have a look. 

jennalyn11

Thanks, too used to Framework! I miss it! 

Danny

No problem. However, the same support coverage existed in Platform Pro and PageLines Framework, nothing has changed with DMS.

jennalyn11

How long will Framework continue to exist though that's my fear, really liking DMS but just not enough time on my hands to learn it properly. 

Danny

PageLines Framework is still supported which means that our our devs will fix any major issue that is causing PageLines Framework to no longer work with the latest version of Wordpress and our staff will provide basic support. However, it is now feature frozen. In terms of a timeline as to when support for PageLines Framework will cease, I can't answer that as I don't not have that information.

However, if we use Platform Pro as a guide, then it will likely be until DMS is at least 2 years old. However, this is just me taking a guess.