Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roryorr

Pagelines feature title showing on iPhone

roryorr

Hi guys,

I've used Pagelines features for the slider on 2 sites and set them both to have no text. The title doesn't appear on a PC, but when viewing on an iPhone the slider title shows for each. I've tried removing the title for each slider on one site and the shaded area still shows up. Can someone take a look and let me know how to fix it.

www.superbooth.com.au

www.brokenhilloutbackchurchstay.com

Cheers!
Rory

roryorr

Never mind I figured it out. For some reason I had to remove the title for each feature, then for the feature text position select full width background image no text, then for feature design style select black text no feature background no overlay.

Seems like a roundabout way to get a clean slider, any easier fix? It would be handy to be able to keep the titles for each.

roryorr

One other thing, if I select static height to negate the glitch with the feature loading, this chops off the sides of the feature on the iPhone. What should I do?

greenfly

can you let us know the custom CSS (if any) or screenshots of settings you have applied whilst working through this?

please paste in the CSS using the pastebin functionality at the top of the forum and then just paste the link. for the screenshots please use an image sharing platform like imgur.com and then paste in the links. 

i notice that the feature slider only loads half the width when in landscape mode so i think this might be CSS related,. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

roryorr

http://imgur.com/eRo5o2j,tzE80rg,pzxXbPi

Here are 3 screenshots, first is height mode for the feature. I currently have aspect selected but I would prefer to use static as aspect has a weird glitch when loading the feature, goes from oversized and then scales down.

Second shot is just that I have deleted the title for each feature.

Third is feature design style.

Thanks in advance for your help.

roryorr

http://imgur.com/eRo5o2j,tzE80rg,pzxXbPi#0

roryorr

Link for imgur.com doesn't seem to post correctly??

James B

Hi there, the jumping at the beginning when using aspect ratio is because the code for the resizing is loaded after the page loads so it kicks in once the image is already on the page etc. 

I'm looking at your site on an iphone and it's resizing the images correctly, there's nothing being cut off on the edges of any of the images.

If you're having problems with imgur try jing - http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

roryorr

Hi James,

Yes I had to fix broken hill as my client was complaining, if you check out super booth you'll see what I mean.

Danny

I've viewed your site on my iPhone and I am not seeing any title, only the images, has this been resolved ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

roryorr

Hi Danny, no this has not been resolved. I've removed the titles as it looks unprofessional, and as you can see the images are cut off compared to viewing on a laptop or PC. 

greenfly

Hello @roryorr 

If you would like us to look into this further - create a new page on your site on your test site with the section in place with titles and we can take a further look. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

xcel7

Hello, I have the same problem with the revslider images of my website, on the mac I can see all 5 people of the company I'm working for, but on the iPhone the picture is cropped instead of resized, so only 3 of them are displayed. It is a big big problem for them! and for me so…

Thanks for your help,

Ines

http://bugis-avocats.fr/equipe/