Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jallohmo

DMS install on multisite

jallohmo
Hi

Have an issue trying to install the DMS theme on a WP multisite (WordPress 3.5.1). The main site has a pageline framework on it (Version 2.4.4) and have been using successfully for a number of months (on domain.com). Switched recently to a multisite to set up a subdomain installation: 1.domain.com

I would like to update the pagelines theme on domain.com to DMS and also use it on 1.domain.com. I am able to install DMS ok at the network admin level and then activate

When I go to the 1.domain.com dashboard--theme, I can see the DMS theme (doesnt allow me to view a preview though). When I activate it, thats when the problems start.

Im not able to view the site at www.1.domain.com and I'm not able to log into the 1.domain.com dashboard.  I can only get back to view the dashboard if I delete DMS at the network level.

I am able though to activate pagelines framework theme at 1.domain.com and use that ok.

Can you assist?

Thanks

greenfly

The preview does not work by design in Framework and DMS - the preview does not take into account the CSS and other elements to give an accurate representation of the site. 

There is no direct upgrade path between Framework and DMS. DMS is not an updated Framework but an entirely new product created alongside the Framework. If your original site was made in Framework you will have recreate the site in DMS. the beauty of this is that DMS is easier and quicker to use than Framework and in most cases should just be ticking boxes and copying links and content. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jallohmo

Thanks for your reply but the issue is when I try and activate the DMS theme in 1.domain.com which is a new site in the network install. It seems to 'break' it and I can no longer view the WP dashboard or the actual site which is blank

I can activate other themes (from network admin) successfully but not DMS. 

I run framework on domain.com and am aware I would need to recreate in DMS. 

Struggling with activating DMS on 1.domain.com

James B

Hi there, if the site is completely blank once DMS is activated then you could be experiencing the white screen of death - http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/white-screen-of-death

Are you on the developer subscription, this is the subscription which as multisite support.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B