Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmktco

Can't hide page title in content/post loop

webmktco

WP: 3.8.1

DMS: 1.8.1

I'm having problems hiding the page title in the content post loop.  I've selected/deselected a 100 times, refreshed the page, logged in logged out and still can't fix it.

I'm also having a helluva time w/ updating templates, but that's another issue and topic I'll post later.

Any help is appreciated.

2014-03-19_16-33-04.png

greenfly

Could you go to visual editor > settings > advanced and enable debug for us please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Thank you - sorry i didn't check that previously 

could you take a screenshot of the editor for that page in Wordpress > pages > Home 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

webmktco

Not sure I understand your request. 

The page in question is not the home page- it's an internal page.

greenfly

Yeah if you could do the same for the internal page that would be grand :) 

webmktco

For whatever reason, the page title is no longer displaying- even though the item is selected.

2014-03-19_18-36-40.png

greenfly

and if you uncheck does the pagetitle appear again? 

webmktco

I was afraid you were going to ask....

2014-03-19_18-43-21.png

greenfly

ok click it again - does it disappear? 

webmktco

Yes- when clicked (show page title) the page title disappears.

James B

Excellent, seems to have resolved itself. Sometimes it can be down to a caching issue if you have a cache plugin installed or if host has their own form of caching etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

webmktco

I just want to follow up and let everyone know I found the solution to this problem.

When the Page Title section is active on the page, you must delete and re-add the Content/Post Loop section in order for the page title to only appear once.

There really needs to be some documentation about this, so people can avoid the hours wasted trying to fix this like I did.