Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Enhanced search - doesn't work?

jane

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a new site and I need it to have the capability to search inside section content (text boxes).

I've enabled this feature but as far as I can tell it doesn't work. I tried searching for terms found on this page to test it out and nothing comes up in search.

Anyone able to let me know why it doesn't work? Will I be forced to use the content post loop for all my pages?

greenfly

Hi jane

This feature is only available and included in the Pro Tools available to pro subscription users 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jane

I do have a subscription though; I'm forced to use this forum because I don't have access to the other one. (This is my personal account however at work we have a subscription - it's attached to another profile)

greenfly
Ok then.

Have you Installed the pro tools plugin from http://pagelines.com/my-account and in the settings enabled advanced search?

Let us know how you get in with this. I have tested and this works for me.

If not we can investigate your site further

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jane

Hi Martin, Yes I have that plugin installed and have the setting enabled.Could it be because I'm using Relevanssi (search plugin) as well?

James B

Its possible, if you deactivate the other plugin and just use the PageLines DMS search functions are you able to get a different result.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jane

Hi James B I deactivated it and it didn't make a different. All the text that is in textboxes is not being picked up in search despite me enabling advanced search.

Danny

Hi

Can you enable DMS Debug mode please (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advancec) and also, contact our helpdesk with the following information please.

* A link to your site and this topic so they have reference.

* Your admin username and password

* Make sure all plugins are disabled except for DMS Pro Tools, making sure that Enhanced Search is active and Section Caching is not.

You can contact our helpdesk using the following - hello at pagelines dot com

Once Debug is active please reply to this topic, so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jane

Hello Danny I've sent you an email with all of the requested information. I'd like to confirm that  debug in enabled.

James B

Hi there,

I've logged in and tested (admin team, login in admin box above if needed) and it seems to be working. If i take some phrases out of the text box in the FAQ and search them, it brings up the FAQ to go into to see the search terms.

http://screencast.com/t/DgIxDjIe3UV

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jane

Hi James B thank you for helping with this. I've activated each plugin in one by one and can now confirm that the relevanssi search plugin is the problem.

I see in this plugin I can enter "custom fields to index" - are text boxes considered custom fields? If so, are they called "textbox" or "textbox-wrap"? Do you have a list of all of the custom fields in DMS?

jane

I figured it out!

If anyone else out there is using Relevanssi and wants it to index everything including textboxes, go to the Wordpress dashboard, Settings, scroll down to "custom fields to index", type in "all" then click on "save indexing options".

Thanks everyone for your help in getting me to the right place!

Danny

Thanks for sharing, I will make a note to add this to our docs.

flourishdesignstudio

jane I've been trying to get Relevannsi to work on my website rasaspa.com but it is very slow and does strange things to the navigation (adds a lot more links). Did you have any other issues implementing it using DMS?

Danny

No, I had no issue when I used the plugin. Also, what do you mean by it added more links to your navigation ?