Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lippoliv

Blank (single) Page if editor is on

lippoliv

Hey there,

I do it short:

http://olis-foto.de/2014/03/17/das-auge-mal-anders/

1. Problem: Sometimes the Font is not loding / unvisible

2. Problem: If I am logged in and access this site with "PageLines Editor: on", I just got it blank.

It's WP 3.8.1 as MultiSite.

There are the following Plugins:

1. Image Watermark

2. Social Media Auto Publish

3. WP-Piwik

The Page can use 256MB MEMORY (I'm sure), it's an Apache2 with currently PHP 5.3.

Thanks for all your Help / Ideas :)

Regards,

Oli

lippoliv

Hey batman,

sorry for beeing not precise enough: I did had a look on your Link :)

But the Plugin-Thing I can't test (because it's an multisite) and the other things don't give helpful infos.

WP_DEBUG just outputs an info for wp-includes/functions.php for deprecated use of wpdb query.

greenfly

Hello @lippoliv 

Could you create and admin account for your wordpress install and send the credentials to our desk on hello at PageLines dot com 

we will jump on and take a look for you. 

lease include the link to this forum topic so we can see what the email relates to 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lippoliv

Hey Martin,

I created an Admin-User for you to access the page, an invitation-E-Mail should just be sended to you.

Please don't destroy something, all should be well-configured (with 10 Years of WordPress Usage & Developement, I do know, what I do).

greenfly

please backup your site and confirm when you hve done this 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

lippoliv

It's backuped Hosting. So the site is fully backuped each night. Do what you have to do :)

If it breaks, I can test my backup strategy :)

greenfly
Ok thanks we will take a look and try not to break anything ;)

lippoliv

Hey Folks,

whats up to this Problem? Are you still working on it or is it hopeless? :)

Danny

We can not provide support if you do not disable all active plugins, this is a necessity as its likely one of your plugins is causing the problem. Please disable all active plugins. Also please enable DMS Debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced, then provide a link to the site in question.

If we view your debug info, we may be able to find the cause, also again please make sure all active plugins are disabled, if they aren't when we view your debug. We will just reply asking you to disable them.

Please search our forums, before posting!

lippoliv

Hey Danny,

I disabled the four active Plugins

HK Exif Tags
Image Watermark
Social Media Auto Publish
WP-Piwik

Link: olis-foto.de (olis-foto.de/wp-admin)

So you can start working today, please write me, if your ready.

Haven't found "DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced", just in the PageLine-Editor could I set debug-mode in "Global Options > Advanced"...

Regards,
 Oli

James B

Hi there,

Did you find disabling the plugins had any effect on the page? As it's a multisite install you will need to deactivate any network activated plugins to test if they are affecting the install.

Your debug does show the following.

PHP Open basedir restriction : Yes! PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host!

We would usually advise speaking to your host to enable posix functions and remove the base directory restriction if possible if these messages appear. 

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

lippoliv

Hey James,

I am the Hoster. Of curse a little one, but I do host Websites.

I can talk to my technicans on the data center, but disabling open basedir is -I think- no possibility.

I can let them enable the posix functions.

Deactivating ALL Plugins in ALL Blogs is no way.

Could you support me or are my restrictions to bad for you? In that case I have to search for another theme :/

lippoliv

POSIX now is runing correct, there was a missing php-meta package, the data center has done it, so debug-info is now updated.

Danny

Has this resolved your issue or you still having a white screen ?

If you have all plugins disabled as well as custom code and scripts removed, so that basically all you have is DMS installed. Then the likely cause is your server not being configured correctly. The PHP Open basedir restriction : Yes! is a concern, this will need to be resolved.

lippoliv

Hey Danny,

sorry, as an senior web developert I think, well developed scripts does not conflict with open_basedir. It's an standard-setting in a lot of hosting companys. But I haven't looked into sources of DMS, whatever, I will talk to the data-center whether it is a security-risk to deactivate it or whether its OK.

Currently I do have an blank screen. But there still some Plugins active through the "global activation" active, I forgott that.

I will try it tonight to deactivate this globally activated Plugins, and may the blank screen disappears.

Confusing fact: When I did install DMS, I was able to access this page. Then I removed the comment-block and may short after this it starts with the blank things.

lippoliv

Hey Folks,

so its a little bit confusing, but still works:

As I said, I deactivated all globaly active Plugins, updated some of them and then I was able to go to the single view with active PageLines Editor :)

Confusing: After "step by step" reactivating the global plugins it still keeps working :/ So I cant give exact information, wich Plugins may broke it up.

Thanks for your support, do you have an Bitcoin-Wallet so I can send you a little fee?

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.