Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hypman

How to questions fro framework

hypman    9
hypman

Hi all

Im trying to alter framework a little to mkae it more how i want it and these are the things i have questions on:

The widget titles look smaller than the actual font inside the widget see   >http://ripley-hypnotherapy.co.uk/

Can you tell me what part of the files i need to change for changing colour of widget titles

and finally is there a way to change the size fo the sliders? the carousel is a little too small

thanks !! : )

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi @Hypman 

There are 3 questions in this topic. Please split the questions into 3 separate topics in future. 

In order to change the style of fonts you need to add custom CSS - in order to understand the methods involved in customising your site and using Custom CSS please read here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/customization-methods/

And here http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

When you mention the carousel - do you mean the Quickslider here? http://screencast.com/t/ALC57xIPgo

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

hypman    9
hypman

Hi Martin

Sorry about the multiple questions, ill def remember next time

OK, Ill check the css docs out.

For the slider i mean the little carousel that can be added to a page, its quite slim. Its actually called carousel i think, under page options

thanks

hypman    9
hypman

Ive made the changes i needed, do i have to save that and upload it via ftp?

* i ve never used this before... obviously lol

thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly

Ive made the changes i needed, do i have to save that and upload it via ftp?

* i ve never used this before... obviously lol

thanks

Are you meaning the changes to CSS? 

Add your Custom CSS to PageLine > Site Settings > Custom Code 

This doc will help with the technical bits http://support.pagel...zation-methods/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

For the Carousel.. could you add the carousel to a page and then send me a link to it so i can see what you mean. :) 

hypman    9
hypman

Hi

Sorry for the delay ive been really busy

the carousel iso k for now, im now trying to alter several aspects of my css but just want a bit of guidance please

ive read the docs, i think i know what im doing but want to check

this is the area of code ive altered: ( ive changed the nav bar menu colour)

.navbar .navline > li > a:hover {
background-color: transparent;
color: #1F9C14;
text-decoration: none;

so do i need to add this after the body tag in the css/less section? ive tried and get an error message.

ive never used css before but im willing to do it if i just get some pointers

thanks!

greenfly    230
greenfly

what is the error message you get? 

hypman    9
hypman

Hi Martin

this one:

PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.

parse error: unclosed block

the actual entry is this one: (not as i put above)

body{}
.navbar .navline > li > a:hover {
background-color: transparent;
color: #1F9C14;
text-decoration: none;

how do i close it? } ?

thanks a lot

greenfly    230
greenfly

parse error: unclosed block refers to a missing } 

hypman    9
hypman

!! excellent, ive done it, thanks for the help, now for the other bits : )

greenfly    230
greenfly

No Problem :) 

I cannot recommend enough the free courses on line for CSS. 

I did a course and it cost me a fortune but these courses are better (unlimited time to learn) and they're free. 

Check out http://www.codecademy.com/