Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Webb

Site not working

Steve Webb

site is not loading. 
checked the javascript console and have all sorts of errors in dms
css isnt loading reliably (or at all sometimes) 
page load times are CRAZY LONG.. if it loads at all. 
contact form shortcode not working on contact page
getting 504 gateway timeouts all over the place. 

have tried:

- reinstalling DMS

- reinstalling wordpress

- disabling all plugins

- moving site to new sever

- using W3 cache plugin

- using server-side scripts for caching

- pulling hair out of my head

none of this had any effect.. aside from the hair pulling.  that hurt.

PLEASE help me know how to fix this.

www.kindhousesystems.com

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
Seems to be loading pretty quickly, tho i am just seeing a cached page. Maybe one of the other 600 sites on that server is hogging some resources?

greenfly

Your site loaded pretty quickly for me - the front page did anyway. 

i ran it through the tools at pingdom http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/b1ZDxk/http://www.kindhousesystems.com/

results show the elements on your site that are taking longest to load are the jpegs. These jpegs are over a mb in size and site performance would benefit from optimising these images 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

You contact form isn't loading as the shortcode you have inputted has been inputted into the Wp editor when the tab has been set to visual. change this to text and re add the shortcode. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Steve Webb

Thanks for the speedy help!

Messer - I just moved the site to a new host today - I know its a shared server, but how do you see that there are 600 other sites using resources?

Pages seem to be loading now okay - I hate it when things just start working as soon as I have someone look at it!  Honest guys, it was broken!

Martin - The code is still not working.  It was working up until yesterday, when all these problems started happening, and now its not.

It was set to text (I don't use the visual editor).  I cut it, updated, pasted back in, updated, and still nothing.. ideas?

I will try optimizing the images.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

greenfly

paste your code into a text editor to clear any formatting - the best solution for this is sublime text 2 (or 3) - it will strip the formatting for you if any has been carried over. alternatively try this http://www.striphtml.com/

simon (or Messer haha) wrote a great resource on optimising all aspects of your site. http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/25369-the-quest-for-speed/

greenfly

PPS = remove your cache plugin properly according to the plugin documentation if you have it in place and want to make any changes to your site.. not doing so will lead to piles of problems down the line. 

Steve Webb

Thanks Martin.  That was helpful!

And thanks for Googling that for me, Messer.

-Matt

greenfly

No problem Matt :) 

atelierbischof

I got a following really basic problem. It may be solved very simple. But i can not find the solution in the manuals and also not by try and error...  ..
When i create a new site. I can see and edit the site in the Pagelines Admin. When i do a navbar inside the DMS it do not work. When i Klick on the Sites in the navbar it shows the right URL in the Browser but always shows the Homepage.

See the Screen. The Link "Kontaktformular" does not work.

greenfly

@atelierbischof 

Please could you create a new topic for this and we can look into this for you 

atelierbischof

Thank you very much. The Chrome Profile chrashed. I delete 3 times all Browserdatas. Now it works.
Why i also could not see the my site in Firefox and Safari i do not understand. But no the site works well.

greenfly

ok thanks for letting us know. Please make sure you create your own topic for all issues