Sign in to follow this  
wairoa

Social Icons in Header Area of EcoPro

wairoa

How to position social icons in the header area (near search box) of EcoPro, similar to PlatformPro social icon placement?

cmunns

Okay, maybe this will be easier. Find this line below `<?php get_template_part("library/_brand");?>` and paste this just beneath it. `

<?php if(pagelines('rsslink')):?> " class="rsslink"> /icons/icon-rss.png" alt="feed"/> <?php endif;?> <?php if(VPRO):?> <?php if(pagelines('twitterlink')):?> " class="twitterlink"> /icons/icon-twitter.png" alt="twitter"/> <?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('facebooklink')):?> " class="facebooklink"> /icons/icon-facebook.png" alt="facebook"/> <?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('linkedinlink')):?> " class="linkedinlink"> /icons/icon-linkedin.png" alt="linkedin"/> <?php endif;?> <?php endif;?>
`

wairoa

Actually, lot's of that code looks screwy.

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, let's try starting fresh. Undo everything and then just add in you social icons how you normally would either through the options or as a widget and then we can just try some CSS to position it. Thanks, Bryan

wairoa

Hi Bryan, I think this code (below) is workable, but now it seems to be an z-index issue or something? `

<?php if(pagelines('rsslink')):?> feed <?php endif;?> <?php if(VPRO):?> <?php if(pagelines('twitterlink')):?> twitter <?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('facebooklink')):?> facebook <?php endif;?> <?php if(pagelines('linkedinlink')):?> linkedin <?php endif;?> <?php endif;?>
`

wairoa

Yup, z-index issue. All good now. Man, you have that #header .container z-index set high, 40... that's what threw me. All good now, we got it done in the end. ;)

bryan-hadaway

Looks like you've got it, you just want to increase the top now to lower it below the search bar. Thanks, Bryan

wairoa

It look so damn long to get them that far, I think they can stay there for a while!

wairoa

I had to remove this solution. It created an enormous amount of overhead, the pages groaned through a staggered loading process. No good.

cmunns

I don't see how this in itself would change the page load time at all since it's already built in and we didn't add any scripts or queries?

wairoa

Yes, I agree, a bit of a mystery. I will revisit this issue again soon, but if you want me to load that code back in, so you can see the effect, we can do that. Just a matter of being online at the same time. I'll look out for you. Thanks.