Add more social links to default Columnizer layout

2 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if it's possible to add more social icons to the default layout of the columnizer section. I like the default layout (which I've been unable to duplicate with the stacked tags and categories section) but it only shows Twitter and RSS in the "Stay in Touch" section.

I'd like to have links to G+ and LinkedIn there as well.

You could probably use a hook to add content to the default columnizer, section. 

I would recreate this myself by grabbing the html for the existing layout and then adding the specific code for your own links. You could do this by adding a text widget to a custom sidebar and adding this to the widgetizer. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Facebook/Instagram follow buttons code
      By pdean
      I want to add Facebook and Instagram follow buttons in the main text of my website, as I'm not using sidebars.
      Here's the website: - I'd like to place them below the quotation and above the boxes.
      (Actually, I'd like to place them top right, but I don't think that's possible.)
      Any suggestions for getting the code for this?
    • Custom Social Icons with Hooker
      By napait+
      Hello All,
      My question is.. How do I add more social icons using the Navi section in Mobile Menu mode?
      The only two that show up are the Facebook and Twitter, from the information you fill out in the Site Setting > Social & Local.
      Please review site for example:
      I would like to be able to add custom icons such as other social and phone, map, contact icons after these social icons in the mobile menu. Basically want to move the phone icon into the social icons bar. Having looked for the right hook using Hooker plugin I still have been unsuccessful.
      Thank you in advance.
    • ShareBar FB Image
      By MobileParity+
      The ShareBar I am using posts 2 different images for Facebook and Pinterest. For FB is will post an image on the page and for Pinterest it will post the Featured image set in WordPress. Is there a way to determine a specific image to be shown for any of the ShareBar social integrations?
      Framework Version:DMS2
      WordPress Version:4+
      Plugins in Use:
    • iBlogPro6 remove grey line that appears under each menu item in widgetizer in footer and under each image in flipper
      By margie
      In my footer, I have a columnizer set up with a widgetizer in it.  The widgetized area contains one widget with two custom menus.  Everything works great except for the gray line under each menu item that spans the width of the set column (currently set at grid column for each widget-6).  The gray line also shows up under the images in my flipper box (under Flipper Meta, I have the code- -to remove the dates;  I also have a shortcode to remove the karma sitewide).  Is there someway to get rid of the gray lines?
      Thanks so much and have a great day.
    • Gravitar & featured images in default columnizer section
      By jinfinite8+
      I notice the default columnizer section uses featured image thumbnails for recent posts and the gravitar image for recent comments.
      I like that effect and would like to use this default section using my own about content.
      Is there a way to edit the default columnizer about content? Or, how would I customize my own columnizer section to use feature images for recent posts and gravitars for recent comments?
      My install
      WordPress 3.9.1
      PageLines DMS 2.1.1 Pro
      Sidebar Manager Lite for my custom sidebars. 
      Screenshot from my dev site showing default columnizer section and custom columnizer section using same widgets. 
      Dev website
      The development website showing both columnizer sections can be viewed live at
      ~ julian