Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frederic

what section is best for links?

Frederic

Hi there!

One question related to links and linked images.

I am using media boxes so far, manually inserting links to text (here) and pics (here).

But I would like to know what is the safest and most appropriate way of doing that:

- Are media boxes ok?

- Or better to use menus in nav bar section or 

- Text / image Widget in widgetised section?

Would love to know which is the best way.

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

There really isn't a best way, its whatever you feel suits your site best. I would never use a Navigation Bar to add a simple link to text or an image. A navigation bar is a navigation bar for your site and shouldn't really be used to a substitute for adding simple links.

For me personally, I would always use basic HTML in a MediaBox. However, the choice is entirely up to you and what you're comfortable with and what you think looks best.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Frederic

Thanks Danny, this is what I have done so far so ... everything ok.

But because I end up with most pages almost all made of media boxes, I wanted to check whether that was not going to create problems.

But that seems ok then.

Thanks

James B

Hi there, no that shouldn't create any problems, I do the same if I was adding just image style boxes that I wanted to link with no text below or additional content.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B