Sign in to follow this  
bcook

Accordion sidebar menu in WHP?

bcook

Hi, I'm using White House Pro (love it) and was wondering if there is a way to get an accordion sidebar menu like in the iBlogPro theme? Is that an available widget or something custom you created? Thanks, Blair

cmunns

It's built in to the iBlogPro theme. It doesn't require too much, but you will have to include a jquery UI into your header. You mind modifying some template files and also some CSS, it may take some time...

bcook

No problem at all. I'll set up a test install site and I can hack away at the files without breaking anything important. ;) Thanks for your help. What's the first?

bryan-hadaway

Hold tight, simply reply with bump to push your topic to the top of the forum for the developers to see. Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

It would actually be much much easier to use a simple toggle like the one used from our docs. In the functions.php you would add this code before the closing PHP bracket ` add_action('wp_head', 'sidebarui_script'); function sidebarui_script(){?> <?php } ` Then you would need the config_sidebars.php file to have this code as the main sidebar ` register_sidebar(array( 'name'=>'main_sidebar', 'description' => __('The main sidebar for the theme.', TDOMAIN), 'before_widget' => '

', 'after_widget' => '

bcook

Okay, I've added those code snippets to the correct files, and placed a reference to the JQueryUI in the header. I haven't noticed anything yet, but maybe we're not far enough along. Here is a link to the test site I set up for this experiment in case you need/want to take a look. http://www.brophybroncos.org/sites/blair/ Thanks for your help!

bryan-hadaway

Forwarding to developer. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Ya, this is a tough one... this is one of the reasons we created Platform. Have you been able to get any of your custom JS to work? Do you know how to test? and are you using Firebug?