How to change widgets in Columnizer?

5 posts in this topic

I'm using the Columnizer set with 4 widgets in my footer but don't understand how to change the widgets. I currently am using what displayed when I added it:

Stay In Touch

The Latest

More Info

Where are some other choices?

I only have a Primary Sidebar on my Widget page. Should I be adding another Plug-In so I can add more widget choices?

You will want to create a custom sidebar as Batman suggested with his link above and then assign a widgets to that newly created sidebar. Once you have completed that, go to your Columnizer settings and select your new custom sidebar.

Thanks, guys. I get it now. I'd searched the Docs but missed seeing this one. Sorry I had to bother you.

No Need to apologise - Good to hear you got it sorted :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Widgets
      By hibbsy78+
      I have an issue with the widgets on my blog post page. The Facebook widget is being shifted up and next to the Mumii widget above...? How can I force it to remain underneath?

• Sidebar disapeared
      By joeypatches
      I added a post to my blog last night and as soon as I published the content, my "primary sidebar" fell to the bottom of the home page. When I go into other areas of the site, like "contact" or "about", the side bar comes back to where it belongs. So far I tried going to Appearance->Customize and then deleting and reducing assets in the "Widgets: Primary Sidebar" but nothing changed/worked.
      I consider myself slightly savvy but I don't quite understand many terms and lingo with html and CSS - so I would appreciate the most laments terms possible when describing a solution.
      My site is:
      Thank you!
    • MoreFoot Right Is Showing In Middle Column
      By waynehat
      I am working on may client's website, who is the manager of he site for his client. My client has hired me to fix the footer area of the website. As you can see here:, the MoreFoot Right Widget is Showing in the middle column.
      I would have downloaded the theme and done some digging into the files to see if there is a div tag out of place and so on. However, my client does not have the ftp login info for the website (as he is the marketing strategist. [Yes I know.... it's weird]).
      However, if you can point me into the right direction on where I need to start looking in order to fix the problem.
      Also, I do not know if my client's client has paid for premium support. So I hope that this question can be answered for me in all regards.
      Thank you
      Wayne Hatter
    • Tag Cloud in Page Header
      By mbcowan
      Is it possible to put a tag cloud into a Page Header and, if so, how?
    • iBlogPro6 remove grey line that appears under each menu item in widgetizer in footer and under each image in flipper
      By margie
      In my footer, I have a columnizer set up with a widgetizer in it.  The widgetized area contains one widget with two custom menus.  Everything works great except for the gray line under each menu item that spans the width of the set column (currently set at grid column for each widget-6).  The gray line also shows up under the images in my flipper box (under Flipper Meta, I have the code- -to remove the dates;  I also have a shortcode to remove the karma sitewide).  Is there someway to get rid of the gray lines?
      Thanks so much and have a great day.