Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjs198

Header & Footer content wipe

bjs198

Hey all,

Okay so I'm currently working on two sites at the same time in the same Chrome browser window but different tabs, kinda standard I guess. Both sites are running the latest WP install and the latest DMS 1.1.8. One site is running an additional child theme (Flatten) but the other is vanilla DMS.

On one site I move a RevSlider section up a notch and hit publish, on the other tab just after I add a popthumb thumbnail and hit publish. Next thing I know the header and footer images in both tabs have been deleted, leaving only the empty modules remaining. It was only the images that were wiped btw, the text in a text both located in the footer of a site (title and body), remained intact.

Erm. Help?

Jokes, I know it's a known issue and just wish I could have recorded the process in the background - don't suppose there is a debug log or something I can activate to help you out ?

It's very strange though that it affected both sites at the same time, almost suggests the issue is local...

Hope the info helps in some way :)

Ta

Barney

Danny

HI Barney,

That is I must say extremely weird that changes you made to one site effected the other, in theory thats actually not possible as the sites have no actual connection or relationship to one another. So anything you do on site A should not have an impact on Site B.

As you quite rightly stated above, this kind of issue does indeed point to something going on locally on your setup and not something caused by DMS or Wordpress.

Is it possible for you to provide the following information please.

* Can you enable PL debug mode on both sites and screenshot them (seeing as they're localhost) and host the images on a image hosting service such as IMGUR and then provide the links in your reply.

* How have you set the sites up locally is it something you have done yourself or with the help of an application such as MAMP or AMMPS ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

bjs198

I know right? Odd. Both sites are actually up and running on the same Memset server in the UK (www.istianjin.com and also my own dev site that's not name mapped yet), I'm working on them from my home in Tianjin. Just enabled debug and took a couple of screens and uploaded to my WP dev install, check them out...

http://37.128.132.150/~bjs198/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/IST-Screen.jpg

http://37.128.132.150/~bjs198/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BJS-screen.jpg

Oh yeah, by local I meant within Chrome itself, not that I'd set up 2 local sites ;)

James B

Hi Barney,

Danny meant could you please screenshot the debug screen for each site. If you add /?pldebug to the end of the site url for each site you'll get a screen like this with all the server information on - http://screencast.com/t/hUL2QDuMjMu

Or if the sites are live provide us with the urls and we'll be able to check the debug screen.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

There's nothing I can see in the debug on either sites that I think would contribute to this happening.

It is a known issue that sometimes sections are cleared or vanish, the dev team haven't been able to replicate it though to determine the cause. If you are able to capture it again or replicate in a screencast we can forward this to them to review.

They have said that the way sections and data is saved is completely revised in the next major update to prevent this from happening in future, not that this will help you now :-(

So just re-reading your first post, you made the change in one site and it wiped the image links in the section container, but the actual sections stayed in place sans images? Then you checked the next site, without having to replicate what you did on the first the images were also wiped in there? Just clarifying as we'll as Simon if there's anything he can think would cause that.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B