Sign in to follow this  
julesmoretti

Staion Pro Forum installation issues

julesmoretti

I am running wordpress 3.0.1 for station pro. I am having issues with and have installed both buddypress and buddypress template plugins successfully. Have gone through the BP Compatibility successfully. Then I downloaded the bbpress and pasted on the root of that website, renamed the folder to forum. Gone through the http://www.gradiduncut.com/forum'>http://www.gradiduncut.com/forum and followed the installation instructions. Did not find the so called ???salt??? info so left it as the others. Went through with that and that worked. Opened the bb-config and added before the ?> the following: require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . ???/../wp-blog-header.php??™); Pasted the Station Pro theme into the bbpress theme folder which is now called forum, and then through the bbpress admin I activated it. Gone back in wordpress admin and made sure that the bbpress forum automation was on. And now I get this a very white template for the bbpress forum that is not yet at all integrated to the wordpress theme like you guys. http://www.gradiduncut.com/forum'>http://www.gradiduncut.com/forum So what have I missed or should have done? Your help would very appreciated cos to be fair I dont find it that simple to install and get running. Thank you Jules

Andrew

Hey Jules, Did you first get bbPress working well? Also, it appears you're using some element of Platform here? It says so in the source... Are you using StationPro & BaseStation forum?

julesmoretti

Hi arpowers. Thank you for your response. I am using only Platform Pro in this case. to be honest. bbpress is very new to me. So I installed it. I could log in and I did and activated the theme and that was it. Since the theme is activated I cant get it much to the bb press admin section. I can always remove using ftp the theme and get in using the standard themes. what is your suggestion? Thank you

bryan-hadaway

Bumping for further help, please bump as well. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

I'm confused, if you're using StationPro you'd want to use the forum designed for it... Platform has its own forum version... They work differently... Can you clarify?

julesmoretti

@Bryan - not sure what you are insinuating by your bump comment. @Murray - Thank you for trying to help out. Ill take a look but as arpowers is commenting surely it should be easier than that to get the forum going in the same manner that the theme demo has it. @arpowers - I am trying to look for the dum proof explanation from A to Z to get the forum up and running EXACTLY the same way you have it on your demo site. And right now I looked at your videos and for a novice like myself the explanations seems a little patchy to follow it through. So perhaps you have a better workflow to suggest or that you could point me to. Thank you all of you so far

julesmoretti

K figured it out. The support section is confusing so I was following instructions for forum installation for Station Pro. The way to do it is install the 2 plugins as instructed. Go through the BP Compatibility. Go in the Budypress tab and click on the forum setup, go through that. till it says its over. Then go back to the BP compatibility tab to look up the address of the forum section. Something that was stated nowhere!!! Anyway now I am at the part where I have to figure out how to get the styling properly inserted so that I can manage my own sidebar for the forum. And work out why it would not allow me to post a new topic!!! FUN. Cant wait to spend another week working that one out. YEaY!!