Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hypman

Is this right? i have 2 versions of framework installed?

hypman    9
hypman

HiScreen_Shot_2014_03_13_at_13_15_06.png

I thought i had installed this properly a few days ago but now im not sure as i ve seen 2 versions of frameowrk in my themes. (see image)

if i activate the multi coloured fromawork theme i see no error messages, but when i activate the other framework theme i see this again:

Install Error!

PageLines Framework must be installed in a folder called 'pagelines' to work with child themes and extensions.

Current path: /home/stopsmok/public_html/ripley-hypnotherapy.co.uk/wp-content/themes/PageLines

Will the ilblog not run correctly if i ignore this? i cant see nay issues with the theme?

thanks

ps the site is ripley-hypnotherapy.co.uk

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

You should only have one PageLines Framework active on your Wordpress installation, unless the other is a child theme, which I don't believe it is.

Can you take a screenshot of your wp-content/themes folder via FTP so we can the directory names please.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

hypman    9
hypman

Hi Dan

Ive renamed one of these at install, not sure which one to delete. God knows how i got 2 versions there? LOL

thanks

Screen_Shot_2014_03_13_at_15_21_44.png

• Like 1

hypman    9
hypman

duhhh, ill just delete the one in the wp-admin im not using....

just a quick question Dan, the framework is actually a website on its own, i dont need the iblog pro? i think ill just stick with the framework, if its just a question of looks

thanks

• Like 1

James B    436
James B

Hi there, that's correct the Framework is the parent theme so it's got everything included. The IBlog Pro theme is a child theme which adds additional styling to the Parent theme.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny    1,327
Danny

I hope the one the you deleted was PageLines/ and not pagelines/ ?

hypman    9
hypman

Hi Dan

I only deleted the iblogpro 5  in the wp-admin, i dont think i touched either in the FTP. Im just using framework ATM

thanks

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, well you can delete the folder called PageLines as this isn't the correct directory name for PageLines Framework, the correct directory name should be all lowercase.

So:

This is not correct = /PageLines/ <== Remove this one.

This is correct = /pagelines/

**NOTE:** Before removing anything, always do a backup just as a precaution.

hypman    9
hypman

thanks for that info Dan, ill be sure to do that

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      What is actually framework?
      - is ist that, what we used some years ago?
      - dös it replace DMS2?
      Usage
      - can I use framework beside of DMS2?
      - how do they relate?
    • almanada
      By almanada+
      2 year DMS Framework Dev Member here:
      Nothing is saving on our websites, our Key is no longer registering, emails have gone unanswered.  The DMS theme seems to be overall malfunctioning.   I just want it to work like it worked last week again please. Also, based on our your website is looking, it's also falling apart. Please Advise ASAP!  Our clients have a much shorter temper with us, because we actually offer a way to contact us.  We have reinstalled the latest theme over and over. 
    • oksodavid
      By oksodavid
      I can activate Framework 5.0.2 as stand alone theme ok. I get dashboard notice 'You need PageLines Connect' which is superseded by pl-platform - connect plugin.
      If I activate pl-platform 5.0.3, I get the 'total_pages' js error mentioned in pl-platform 5.0.2 plug and can't load Extend.
      I loaded PageLines Platform Developer 0.5.1, and dev loads ok.
    • OBXLynn
      By OBXLynn
      I hope someone can help me with this. I have added a GIF image to my Features - www.101thingsobx.com. The image contains changing copy. However, it doesn't seem to be working right. I have this same GIF on a different website (not WordPress-based - www.obx.com) and it is functioning correctly. Is there something I need to change in settings to allow the copy to work properly?

Thank you for any help you can offer.