Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

umb.isc

DMS and multilanguage sites

umb.isc

Hi to all,

I'm working on a little project that need to be translated in another language.

I would like to know how to deal with this problem and if you have experience in the field working with DMS and one installation of wordpress.

I made some experiments using the Polylang plugin, but my attempts didn't succeed, maybe because I didn't organize well the pages.

If you have suggestions, I will be happy to hear from you.

Thank you.

Umberto

Danny

HI,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the Polylang plugin, what exactly is your issue, can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

umb.isc

HI,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the Polylang plugin, what exactly is your issue, can you provide more information please.

Dear Danny,

Thank you for the interest.

With "problem" I referred to the entire process of creating a multilanguage site with these tools - especially, how to organize it.

In particular, in my early attempt I couldn't realize how to deal with the parts that are gloabl for all pages (header and footer).

Anyway after a further test, I came out with what it seems to be an elegant solution.

I will write later some details on it for the benefit of the community.

Bye.

Umberto

James B

Hi Umberto, thanks for updating the thread. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• vogelwild
      By vogelwild
      Hi all  
      I'd love to get a recommendation regarding DMS 2 and a multilingual language website that I'm going to build.
      How would you setup such a WordPress website with Pagelines DMS? What are your experiences with plugins and DMS 2?  Last time it was a bit complicated. I used WPML, but of course had problems with translating e.g. content which was stored in DMS sections. So I tried to work with widgets which was great for WPML but "not so" for the look and feel  Any hints or tricks?
      Thank you!!
      P.
    • Framegirona
      By Framegirona
      Hi,

I'm using DMS and WPML and is a good tandem to works. But I've a little issue. IF I use WPML on mode to get diferents subdomains for each language (IE. ca.mydomain.com, en.mydomain.com, mydomain.com, fr.mydomain.com) DMS only works with main domain/language (mydomain.com).

I think because I need to register each subdomain to DMS but I don't know how to do it.

Now I have WPML on subdirectories mode and it works fine because 

Can you help me please?

Website URL:  reunionsentrevolcans.cat (PSW: garrinada)
      Framework Version: 1.1
      WordPress Version: 3.6.1
      Plugins in Use: WPML

Thanks a lot for your help