Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sblentlinger

Help with script that is breaking DMS

sblentlinger    0
sblentlinger

Currently, we are using Freshdesk to host our support site.  We want to integrate Freshdesk chat with our main WP-DMS site, so that a client may request a live support agent through the service.  The integration they gave us was a js/jquery script before the last </body> tag on our site, the script is obnoxiously long, so I will refrain from posting it unless you want to see it.  

The script does not work in the DMS Scripts Header Fallback, and the only way I found to implement it was to paste it in footer.php.  However, it breaks the DMS editor and animations like iBoxes are also broken.  Do you have any recommendations?  I anticipate you will respond with using a hook.  If so, which hook do you suggest?

If you visit www.paylinedata.com, the script is currently integrated.  If you visit www.paylinedata.com/support, you can see the iBoxes do not animate.  

Thanks!

Simon    247
Simon

You have the code in 3 places on that page.

sblentlinger    0
sblentlinger

That is weird.  I only added that script to the header fallback, and when it didn't work, removed it and put it in footer.php.  When I removed the script from the footer it vanished, period.  In any case, do you have any suggestions where the script should go.  I know you recommend NOT to change files in the DMS theme directory.  

Thanks!

James B    436
James B

I would say looking at the original post you'll need to insert this using a hook inside the body tag. I'd say use the hook wp_footer() as this is just before the closing body tag as they suggested.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• j powers
      By j powers+
      Looking to fond the best way to add in some javascript, the script is from Salesforce to add a chat button, ie Chat available / chat offline.  I need to add this to a specific page though.

Much apprciated 

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey team,
      Really simple question: where would I add code to a specific page header? I can see in the settings I can add code to the global header, but can't see how to do it for a single specific page. It's related to facebook pixel tracking
      Cheers
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• jvheintze
      By jvheintze+
      I just tried to figure out how to use Lax in combination with Post Thumbnails the following way: instead of showing the Featured Image on top of the content section I would like to have a Lax section above the content which loads for each post the featured image. To do so it seems there should be some kind of word press hook support necessary (not ready yet)? Or did I miss something?
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      I am using a child theme (the pl-starter-theme-master) and have added the following custom function to the child functions.php file:
      // Add AddThis share code to blog posts add_action('pagelines_loop_before_post_content', 'add_addthis_share_code'); function add_addthis_share_code() { echo"<div class=\"addthis_sharing_toolbox\"></div> "; } It isn't do anything. Can someone see why?