Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreySwanFusion

"Invalid argument supplied for foreach()" & "bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly".

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

Hi Guys,

I configured a site in Frameworks sometime back, and they wanted to incorporate Buddypress into it.

Have just used the Pageline buddypress sections (with the buddypress plugin), and the site generally works. But it keeps crashing, and bringing the site down on the server. Have gone through the process of disabling plugins etc (its a live site!) and am a bit stuck.

LIVE site here: www.wlfn.org

TEST site is here: www.greyswan.org.uk/testsite/

I have just moved the site to its site location and am getting the following errors:

Error message:

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049 Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /customers/8/5/6/greyswan.org.uk/httpd.www/testsite/wp-content/themes/pagelines/includes/library.extend.php on line 83

Moved the site with BackupBuddy, and I have changed the wp.config to show error message. Get the same message on the 'live' site

I currently can't log on to the TEST SITE due to the error message.

I really don't think its plugins. Have basically got the basic and Pageline plugins, and all was working until BuddyPress was installed.

Any ideas, help and advice. I don't really get the coding for this, what its asking for and what the conflict is?

Details:

lastest version of wordpress

Frameworks 2.4.4 plus Grid Portfolio section

Child theme operating to effect a few styling ideas

plugins: jetpack, sections, etc.

Many thanks

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

James B    436
James B

Hi Tim

Ok to get back into the editor back go into your hosting account via ftp and remove the buddypress and bbpress plugins to get everything back up and running.

Looking at the error messsage that relates to bbpress not buddypress. Have you installed the bbpress integration as well as the buddypress integration plugin from PageLines?

Which version of bbpress and buddypress are you using? The last buddypress update was a major one which changed alot, as the Framework is now a legacy theme and not receiving any updates you might need to roll back to a previous version of bussypress/bbpress to get it to work correctly.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

Hi James,

thanks for the advice. I thought that is what I might have to do to get back into the editor. Will let you know how it goes, and great advice on going back to the a previous version of Buddy Press to make it work with Frameworks.

Will update when I have done that.

regards

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

Hi James,

Have gone in through the FTP, deleting the BuddyPress etc but still getting the error message, and unable to login to the site. Any other thoughts on how to get to the dashboard?

regards

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

Hi James,

ignore that last post - renamed the Child Theme and Pagelines, so am into the dashboard now. Will re-build pagelines and look for a legacy version of buddy press. Though may be I will look to move their site to DMS!

hey-ho!

regards

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Tim,

Yeah I think the best course of action would be to use DMS, as BuddyPress and bbPress have received updates recently and PageLines Framework will not receive updates to fix compatibility issues for plugins such as bbPress or BuddyPress.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

Thanks. I will suggest it. One of the reasons they wanted to stay with it (and its about cost to them!) is that they liked the Grid Portfolio product with Pagelines Framwork. I have just looked through the market place and can't see a similar function in sections or plugins. The website is aimed at promoting 'short films'. I guess it might be a case of developing (looking for a similar product) else where if not on pagelines!

thanks for your help James. Personally I need to get cracking with DMS and move old (and new) clients onto it!

best wishes

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

Danny    1,327
Danny

In regards to the cost to them, DMS is open source meaning there is a free version available. 

GreySwanFusion    0
GreySwanFusion

sorry, i've DMS (pro version) - i meant some kind of section similar to "grid portfolio" that existed in Framework.

see www.wlfn.org to see the kind of portfolio showcase I am talking about.

thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Tim

Tim Stubbs Hughes

Grey Swan Fusion

Danny    1,327
Danny

In DMS 2.0 there will be a similar section to Grid Portfolio.

• Similar Content

• 1965deville
      By 1965deville+
      Hi
      My DMS site came up with the error message below.
      My (stupid) easy fix was to try replace the template.php as the error message stated below.  As i usually do i copied the original file before replacing it. The problem is that i by mistake replaced the wrong file and had the functions file replaced. 
      So my questions: 1. Any tip on how to fix the original problem? 2. Am i able to repair my stupid mistake replacing the wrong file with no backup?
      Warning: require_once(/home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-content/themes/dms/dms//footer.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-includes/template.php on line 555

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-content/themes/dms/dms//footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-includes/template.php on line 555
    • petere21
      By petere21+
      DMS 2.1.9.2 with Accordions WP 4.1 last version BUDDYPRESS 2.2.0   All plugins except DMS professional tool, Pagelines updater and Buddy press are turned OFF.   after installing Buddypress I'm not able to create any Buddypress group.   1. problem (CANNOT VIEW PAGE GROUPS: 404 Not Found) conflict Accordions versus Buddypress       When Accordions are activated I am not able to view page GROUPS. After deactivating of Accordions I am able to see page Groups of Buddypress.      the same problems have pages MEMBERS and Activity   2. problem (I CAN SEE PAGE GROUPS, BUT I CANNOT CREATE ANY GROUP it doesn't work (404 Not Found)     just DMS without Accordions       2. problem solved by replacing sections still conflict with Accordions 

Try replacing the 404 section with the WP-Content/PostLoop section.
    • Aires
      By Aires+
      I have been trying to use Buddypress with DMS for the past couple weeks with hope that I can wrap my head around it and build something with DMS for a potential client. Because I have never used Buddypress with dms before I wanted to do a test run.

After countless style issues I finally thought I was making progress enough to follow up on the client. But something told me to try every link and page that BuddyPress produces automatically after install.
      Upon doing so all the pages gave me 404 errors I switch themes and the pages and links are there. But they don’t work in DMS.  

Screencast here http://screencast.com/t/yRMbX4W1Rq

Thanks in advance
    • mrlipa
      By mrlipa
      Hi

I'm trying to create a social website that can sell travel packages.

Website URL: guanaima.com
      Framework Version: DMS 2
      WordPress Version: 3.9
      Plugins in Use: WooCommerce, Wordpress SEO by Yoast, Custom Sidebar 

The problem I'm having is that when I activate the BuddyPress plugin in the website I get a 404 error on the user relates pages. (The activity feed and the members page work fine). I tried to disable other plugins, but it didn't work. I also tried creating a buddypress.php file as mention in this post http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/31999-buddypress-19-no-content/?hl=buddypress but still nothing. Does anyone have any idea?

Thx

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Hello Pagelines,

I love your service but really wan to get some Social intergration involved in my site. Just wondering whether you may be able to help me out.

I have been trying to install BuddyPress, on my GoDaddy Hosted, Paglines Site. However, nothing seems to work.

Actions I have taken thus far:

I have installed the zip file [BuddyPress for Pagelines] (This didn't work)

I have deactivated all other plugins on my site [Still Nothing]

I also deleted bbPress as I thought they might be clashing that didn't help either.

I am starting to think its a problem with GoDaaddy - oh BTW I am on the Economy hosting package- but would love to hear your take on it?

Thanks for your time and best regards

Dan Haddock.