Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orson1129

The content is disappeared with no reasons.

orson1129
Hi

I have a problem that makes me crazy

Many times after I edited web page by DMS editor,
I pressed the Publish button and reload the page.
Then some sections at footer or fix navi-bar just disappeared !

Does anybody have the same problem like this ?

And how to solve it? 

Danny

HI,

Are you saying the Fixed NavBar section disappears ?

If this is the case, can you disable all active plugins except DMS Pro Tools (make sure Section cache is disabled) and remove any custom code or scripts you may have added.

If the the above doesn't resolve your issue, please enable DMS debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) and provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

orson1129

HI,

Are you saying the Fixed NavBar section disappears ?

If this is the case, can you disable all active plugins except DMS Pro Tools (make sure Section cache is disabled) and remove any custom code or scripts you may have added.

If the the above doesn't resolve your issue, please enable DMS debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) and provide a link to the site in question please.

Sometimes it's the Fixed NavBar section that disappeared,and other times the disappearing part is a certain section in the footer.

the first one, I can solve it by re-enabling it.

However, this problem would happen again and again.(not every time)

The second one, I need to re-build it. Still, the same problem comes again every once in a while.

I'm not sure my situation is the same with your description.

Would you give me another advise based on my condition?

Or your former suggest would apply to my problem as well? 

James B

Hi there,

If you have the section cache enabled inside of the Pro tools plugin this could cause issues on some server setups, so we also advise disabling this if you have it active.

We have had some clients experiencing problems with sections being reset or deleted previously but we've been unable to replicate it this end. If you are able to screencast the problem happening live in the editor using something like jing - http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html that we could view the problem happening live.

Also by enabling the debug tab we'll be able to see what the server setup and if there are any restrictions or issues on the server which could be contributing.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

orson1129

Hi there,

If you have the section cache enabled inside of the Pro tools plugin this could cause issues on some server setups, so we also advise disabling this if you have it active.

We have had some clients experiencing problems with sections being reset or deleted previously but we've been unable to replicate it this end. If you are able to screencast the problem happening live in the editor using something like jing - http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html that we could view the problem happening live.

Also by enabling the debug tab we'll be able to see what the server setup and if there are any restrictions or issues on the server which could be contributing.

Thanks,I will disabling the section cache and see what would happen then,
Below is my debug link :http://www.microstep.com.tw/?pldebug=1

orson1129
HI,

I have disabled the section cache but the problem still there.
please look the video below:

then I reloaded the page and tried again  , this time the process was different but the result remained the same.

Danny

Is this happening only with Better iBoxes or other sections too ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

orson1129

Is this happening only with Better iBoxes or other sections too ?

I'm not sure actually , and indeed, there are many Better iBoxes sections on this page.

James B

Very strange, if you could try this again placing in another section other than better iboxes and see if the result is the same. Also try placing it in another area of the page to see if it happens. I would also say try doing this with the other plugins disabled to see if there's any other plugins which could be conflicting with something in the footer causing the content to not be displayed.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B