Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luca.camargo

DMS editor is unresponsive or does not save

luca.camargo

www.nnstudio.com.br/wp

DMS editor is unresponsive or does not save. (Javascript Issue)

Drag and drop or other key functions are buggy or unfunctional. (Javascript Issue)

Diagnosing and Fixing

1. In Google Chrome go to the page where you are experiencing the error and navigate to View → Developer → JavaScript Console.
  2. The error console will open. If you don't see any errors try reloading the page. The error may be generated when the page loads.

<body class="page page-id-82 page-template-default logged-in admin-bar dms pl-pro-version responsive full_width last-imported-home display-full customize-support pl-res-desktop" >

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4

I do not know what to do

batman

Hi luca.camargo

I close your other post in Portuges.

Please,you can try to deactivate all plugins to see if the issue continue.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

luca.camargo

I've done this and it did not work

James B

The error message you are seeing in the console isn't a problem, that's just a warning/suggestion.

Can you please confirm what exactly is happening when you try and log in, does the editor page actually load or do you just see a 'page loading' icon with a spinning wheel that doesn't ever move on to the next page?

How far are you actually able to get with the editor and the drag and drop, your site has been worked on so you must have been able to get into the editor up until a point. Please include screenshots of the editor window where possible so we can see the problem first hand.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bloom1creative

I've moved a fully functioning site, from a local install at work, to the same environment at home.  The site loads fine, pages load fine, but the DMS editor is VERY laggy, unresponsive and keeps forcing Chrome to display "This page has become unresponsive - Kill/Wait" dialogue...

The database has been exported - imported, nothing fancy.  Files have been moved, nothing fancy.  The setup works and loads, it's just painfully slow and swtiching tabs/hovering, and will crash in a minute mac if I'm lucky.  It seems to struggle with common requests.

I am clicking most of the video when the cursor is stationary.  The site works fine as I just tried it when logged out, something seems to be clashing with the js :/ It's the same browser I am using at work with the same extensions, although i have disabled all too and it didn't help.

http://screencast.com/t/3LnlJhp18M

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

*Update* Tried numerous installs, all of which appear the same.  I have narrowed it down to being my machine... the only difference between this one and the one at work is that I'm running Mavericks on this one :/  Extensions have been removed, DMS reinstalled, fresh install and database created.  All instances are lagging and delayed, which then crash.  No errors shown in the Chrome explorer either.

Many thanks

Rob1n

James B

Hi there, I've not seen this happen before. I've had a google and found this link which seems to refer to unchecking the hard wear acceleration tab inside the settings as a fix. It's not directly related to DMS but the result seems to be the same problem you're experiencing so it's worth a shot to uncheck it to see if anything improves. http://customercenter.karthost.com/knowledgebase/125/Using-Google-Chrome---The-pages-have-become-unresponsive-Wait-or-Kill-message.html

Also DMS V2 has been released and is available in your account, so it might also be worth updating to that or testing on another site than the one you're working on to see if there's a difference. DMS V2 is a major update so there are lots of changes inside.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bloom1creative

It does seems strange, yeah! Is the DMS V2 premium only now then?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Simon

It does seems strange, yeah! Is the DMS V2 premium only now then?

Yes.

• Similar Content

• luca.camargo
      By luca.camargo
      www.nnstudio.com.br / wp

Editor DMS não responde ou não salvar. (Javascript Issue)
      Outras funções essenciais Arrastar e soltar ou são buggy ou unfunctional. (Javascript Issue)

Diagnosticar e corrigir
      No Google Chrome vá para a página onde você está experimentando o erro e navegue até Ver → → Desenvolvedor JavaScript Console . O console de erro será aberta. Se você não ver nenhum erro tente recarregar a página. O erro pode ser gerado quando a página é carregada.  
      <body class="page page-id-82 page-template-default logged-in admin-bar dms pl-pro-version responsivo full_width last-imported-home display-full customize-support pl-res-desktop">

event.returnValue está obsoleta. Por favor use o event.preventDefault padrão () em seu lugar. jquery.js? ver = 1.10.2:4

Eu não sei o que fazer