Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Can't access front end DMS editor

dreamsight

this is one of those things that i cant seem to get around, but is a bit stupid. 

i originally had some CSS on the footer to change the colour, somewhere along the site build i used a repeated square jpeg of colour for the background instead.

so, the sites all done, then i notice this irrelevant bit of coding for the footer colour, delete it.. and upon saving and refreshing my editor looked out of shape, like it had no style.

so i thought closing the editor and turning it on again would work. and now i cant turn it back on. it seems the dms editor 'on' button links to the email link in the footer..

so every time i click the turn on dms editor thing, it opens outlook.. lol

how can i delete the email link without getting onto the editor? 

http://www.effortlessmarketingfunnel.com/

Danny

HI,

I can assure you that something like that isn't caused by a removing some CSS. If something is effecting the DMS editor, it has to be related to one of the following:

* JS Conflict caused by a script you have added or a plugin

* A plugin causing the issue

* Invalid HTML which is causing mayhem on your site.

You will want to disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't keep your plugins disabled and remove any custom scripts or code you have added, then see if this resolves the problem.

If none of the above resolve your issue it could well be server related, please enable DMS Debug mode - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

However, from the looks of your Page Source, it appears you do not have valid HTML on your site. In your footer you have the following:

http://cl.ly/image/0c3K2q2P0J2R

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

Hi Danny, thanks for getting back to us so quickly.

I can see what's happened and it's an error on our part that is causing the problem.

We have a TextBox at the bottom of the page and there's an open href tag for the email address in it. We can't open up the PageLines Editor because the open tag is turning the Editor into an email link.
Any ideas how we can edit/remove the TextBox or content?

James B

Hi there, if you can't get into the textbox via the editor to remove it would be to try and remove it from the DB. All the pageslines content goes into the wp options table so you might be able to edit directly in there to get the editor working again.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

dreamsight

Thanks James, I'll give it a go

dreamsight

Lost a little of the formatting but we're back in the DMS editor and that's the main thing.
Thanks for your help

James B

Well done, glad you got the editor back up and running :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B