Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vanessabt

sections on home page showing up on all pages....

vanessabt

Hi,

I am designing a site on my computer but it is set up as a local server for the time being.  using most up to date version of word press 3.8.1 I believe.  I installed the DMS and then the Impressive theme to use the templates.  I have DMS set as the active theme because I just wanted to use impressive as templates to change as needed...

Anyway, I have almost completed the home page and then I went to my next page to start on that and I noticed that the full width sections I added with images and the slider are showing up on all the pages.  I only want them on the home page and then I want to individually design the other pages with completely different content and layout on each page. If I go to a different page and remove a section from that page, it also removes it on the home page as well.

How do I restrict the images and stuff on the home page to only the home page? And then the layout and content on the other pages restrict that to those pages as well.  I am very new to pagelines so I need some help with detailed directions if possible.

I really appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Vanessa

James B

Hi Vanessa

Anything added into the header or footer area of the page are global, so they'll appear on all pages.

To add sections on a per template basis they need to go inside the template area. So with your editor on, look for the template text on the left hand side and make sure that all the sections you want to appear only within that template are placed under that area http://screencast.com/t/a2gjy5WHS

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

asialove

Hi,

I am designing a site on my computer but it is set up as a local server for the time being.  using most up to date version of word press 3.8.1 I believe.  I installed the DMS and then the Impressive theme to use the templates.  I have DMS set as the active theme because I just wanted to use impressive as templates to change as needed...

Anyway, I have almost completed the home page and then I went to my next page to start on that and I noticed that the full width sections I added with images and the slider are showing up on all the pages.  I only want them on the home page and then I want to individually design the other pages with completely different content and layout on each page. If I go to a different page and remove a section from that page, it also removes it on the home page as well.

How do I restrict the images and stuff on the home page to only the home page? And then the layout and content on the other pages restrict that to those pages as well.  I am very new to pagelines so I need some help with detailed directions if possible.

I really appreciate your help.

use different page template....

vanessabt

thank you for the quick response... i ended up figuring it out as well.... when I created the section they were set up as global and not local.  Of course it was something as simple as that.  I didn't realize there was a setting for that in each section.  I really need to find some time to go through the classes on the pagelines academy so that I know some of these small details.  other than that I Love pagelines so far!

thanks again.

James B

Hi there, excellent.

Yes within the template area there will be a global/local options for sections within the same template.

Glad everything is up and running for you and that you're enjoying PageLines :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B