Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidvidgen

Problem with Salebar

davidvidgen

Hi Support

Site: slimbodyline.co.uk

DMS: 1.1.7

I'm having a few issues with the Salebar and how the website is showing on an iPad 2. I've attached two screen grabs for comparison.

When the Salebar is activated, it removes any sub menu items from being accessible on the main menu and it also causes other items in the header (namely the social icons) to become obstructed. 

Also, with the Salebar activated, the fixed nav-bar is confined to a single line, but when deactivated both the navbar becomes two lines deep.

There are no issues with the Salebar activated when viewing on a Desktop or iPhone 4 & 5.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

David

James B

Hi there, the issue with the icons being obstructed could probably be fixed with css. Can you enable the salebar on the site so we could look at the code solution for you.

Usually if the submenus become inactive and don't drop down there's some form of jquery conflict, again if you put this active again on the page we'll try and debug on the ipad.

Salebar is inactive on the site at the moment and the logo and nav are displaying on the same line on the desktop. As you have a lot of menus in the nav depending on the width of the browser window the nav will drop down to the next line if there's not enough room to display both.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

davidvidgen

Hi James

Thank you for your response. I've activated the Salebar.

What what unusual was when the Salebar was active, the navbar remain fixed to a single line, but when inactive it was causing it to drop down to a second line. I would have thought it would be the otherway around - if at all. This despite the exact same menu and the exact same screen width. 

Many thanks

David

Danny

Hi David.

What version of Salebar do you have installed ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

davidvidgen

Hi Danny

Version 2.0.1

James B

Hi there, I've managed to get hold of a 1st gen ipad and test, the drop down menus are working in safari for me. The logo stays in place regardless of the salebar being open or closed. What browser are you using on your ipad? If you enable the debug do you see anything come up - http://www.spiraltrack.com/blog/how-debug-iphone-and-ipad-web-applications-using-safari

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B