Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sourena

Getting rid of "PageLines-" on Images' Names

Sourena    2
Sourena

Pagelines upload adds the word "PageLines-" to the begining of  images' names. How can I stop this process and keep the images name as they are?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

jmad+    80
jmad

You can just upload through the media library and that will stop that happening.  However, I asked a similar question and the DMS staff indicated that Pagelines is added before the photo so if you move the site it doesn't break all the addresses.  I personally don't care for it either but you have to weigh your options.

• Like 1

Sourena    2
Sourena

I know I can use the media library. What I want is to get rid of "Pagelines" in the names even when I upload it from within Pagelines. 
By the way the answer you received from them doesn't make any sense. Whoever gave you that answer does not know what he is talking about.

alefba.us

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you do not want to the pagelines- prefix on your images then do not use the image uploader. The prefix is there to inform users that those images have be uploaded via a DMS section and are most likely in use. The prefix is there to assist users, so they're aware of which images may be used in a section.

So if you do not want to the prefix, not sure why as it isn't visible in your source code, do not use the DMS native uploader for your images, use the Wordpress one instead.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Sourena    2
Sourena

This is a ridiculous advertising for Pageline. It is very annoying when one looks at the list of the images in the media library to see a long list of "pagelines-" instead of the names of the files. It has no usage except an ugly way of advertising for PageLines.

• Like 1

alefba.us

Simon    247
Simon

How is it advertising? Is your media library viewable by guests? No. Like Danny said they are prefixed so you know which ones are in use by DMS, otherwise we would get people randomly deleting images from the library and then blaming us because their logo has disappeared.

The prefix is ONLY used in the media library for your benefit. The actual file names are NOT affected.

Sourena    2
Sourena

It could be an option instead of forcing people to see the name on the media list.

Any way, I guess there is no way to fix this issue.

alefba.us

Simon    247
Simon

Depends what the issue really is? Are you upset by seeing the word PageLines in the list of images in wp-admin? Or are your users complaining?

Sourena    2
Sourena

Both.

alefba.us

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have noticed that all thumbnails on www.michaelkummer.com are scaled down in CSS or HTML, rather than on the backend by Jetpack's Photon. See https://db.tt/vNJCn7Gh and https://db.tt/3ZpkHM7G. 
      Any idea why Pins sets the image width and height to something much larger than what's shown on the screen? Is there any way to fix this so that Photon can do a better job in rescaling the images on the backend before they are delivered to the browser?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on MoonBodySoul.com When platform 5 is activated, I am unable to upload images. I get an HTTP Error. The moment I deactivate the plugin, images are easily uploaded. Please help! Thank you in advance.

-Bentley
    • sfmstudios
      By sfmstudios+
      I'm using the boxes section on a local development site to play around with some options, and running into an issue.  
      Have the following settings for the boxes:
      Type: Images/SVC Media on Top Image Appearance: Standard/Default Image/Icon Width: 280px Image Opacity: 100% Each of my box images is 280x150 in size, but the result of the image on the box is a strange zoomed-in, cropped square (see attached).  I looked to adjust border properties via CSS, but couldn't find a fix.  What solutions are out there?

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I received our monthly Alexa report, and it pointed out that there were missing alt tags on EVERY page on our site. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the QuickSlider which is used for the scrolling banners at the top of the site doesn't bring in the alt tags. Recently, you made a change to the RevSlider to allow images to have "alt" tags. Can you do that for the QuickSlider too?
      Thanks.
    • jvheintze
      By jvheintze+
      I just tried to figure out how to use Lax in combination with Post Thumbnails the following way: instead of showing the Featured Image on top of the content section I would like to have a Lax section above the content which loads for each post the featured image. To do so it seems there should be some kind of word press hook support necessary (not ready yet)? Or did I miss something?