Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

werdnags

Multiple Boxes for HTML

werdnags

Hi Folks,

Could anyone guide me please on the DMS learning curve!

I am building a site and would like areas within the site to place HTML.  I have inserted a Text Box and put some code in but if I add another Text Box it has the same code in it.

How can I place multiple boxes within the template so I have have different code in each?

Thanks for any help.

James B

Hi there,

How are you adding the boxes? A new one each time from the 'add to page' tab or are you just cloning the box in the layout?

Are you putting the text box in the header or footer area? If so they have the option for global/local in the section options. Global will put that code in each box within that area, local will allow you to change per box. http://screencast.com/t/m2OQqXSEFi

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

werdnags

I am adding each box in the template section each time through 'add to page'.  I am not putting them in the header or footer.  I would like to have different content in each box.

Thanks.

Danny

HI,

Please make sure you're using the most up to date version of DMS. Also, if you want to add HTML to your site, I would recommend the MediaBox instead of the TextBox.

Also, if you see your previous code already added to your TextBox/MediaBox, there is no issue, simply replace it with your new code.

Please search our forums, before posting!

werdnags

Great,  I didn't realise you could just replace the code.

Thanks Danny!

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!