Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lbhansen

Unable to update DMS to 1.1.7 - related to time.ly calendar

lbhansen

When I attempt to update DMS from 1.1.6 I get the following errors.

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/content/51/6465251/html/soul/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/all-in-one-event-calendar.php on line 128

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/content/51/6465251/html/soul/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/all-in-one-event-calendar.php on line 128

I will also try to get support from Time.ly but if anyone here at Pagelines can help I would be grateful.

Simon

Disable the plugin then update ;)

lbhansen

Thanks, Simon, for the quick reply. I think I understand what I need to do but since I am strictly an amateur with some 10-year old memories of website development, I believe I have gummed things up pretty seriously and have some other problems to fix before I can even disable the plugin.

lbhansen

I was unable to disable the plugin because the same two errors, pertaining to line 128, appeared simply by clicking on the Plugins menu item in WordPress. I could not access the Plugins list to disable the offending plugin.

Following the instructions in the WordPress.org link you provided gave me what I needed to fix line 128 in the php file.

But I had to fix a problem with my FTP access and fumble around with Notepad before finding that I had another editor I could use and . . .

I had thirty years of computer software experience that I tried to put behind me about ten years ago. I was really hoping that WordPress and PageLines/DMS would allow me to focus on content and formatting without slogging around in code. Ugghh!

Sincerely, though, I am grateful for the quick response and the pointer to the wordpress.org discussion.

Simon

You're welcome. We try and test the most common plugins but there are 29,795 plugins in the WordPress repository ;)