Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jan070

Database Engine no longer working

jan070

http://www.maersklineemr.com/testpage/

My database is now returning no information and has been working perfectly until this morning.   I used a php connection and have cleared my cache and double checked with my host to ensure connection is up--Is there something that may have been altered in DMS?  I am at a loss on where to look as nothing has changed but the db results no longer show.

jan070

Ok looks like the error was done to permalinks--

In DMS if I change Permalinks settings will this not update code throughout?  Thanks,

Danny

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean, can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jan070

Sorry Danny, I wasn't clear at all

Under the options where you can select how your page name looks ie

www.website.com/p=145 is the default

I wanted my page to read 

www.website.com/DatabaseLookup

When I changed the setting away from default my php code for the database no longer worked.  I assume due to the post name setting under the permalinks?

James B

If you've changed the permalink structure and then the page css has broken you'll sometimes need to go in and re-save the permalinks to flush them.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jan070

I tried Saving the structure without making any additional changes and the same issue happens--When I change back to permalinks default the lookup works without issue.  Are there any other options suggestions?  I tried this response as well with no luck...http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/27761-pagelines-loading-only-when-default-permalinks-setting-is-active/

Simon

Make sure your .htaccess file is read/writable by the server.