Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Masthead Issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm trying to use the Masthead to get splash image to appear at the top of each of my pages, but I can't get the image to display unless I also enter a title for the Masthead or select a menu for the Masthead.  Is there any way to use the Masthead to simply display an image in my header without a title or a menu?

Ok, I've found a workaround: if I enter a title and tagline for the Masthead under Page Options then I can get the image to appear, along with the title that I do not want.  If I then go back and delete the title and tagline text and replace it with a single space, I can get the image to appear without any text at all. 

This seems like a bug, though, and I'd rather see some other way of getting a Masthead to appear as just an image with no title or tagline text at all.  Is this possible with the Masthead, and if not why was the Masthead designed to display images only with accompanying title/tagline text? 

Is there some other way to get a splash image to display in the header section using Pagelines?

Edited by JML

If you simply want an image, you will want to use the MediaBox section. The Masthead section is supposed to be used to display headline or important text on your site with an optional image and not the other way round. It shouldn't be used to display an image only. That is why there is a MediaBox section.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Update: DMS1 (free) to DMS2
      By flexadesign
      I have an old site running on the free version of DMS1
      you guessed it, ...
      I want to update to DMS2
      is it possible?
      or do i have to build 80% again?
    • Masthead styling CSS port to HTML
      By bjs198
      Hey there,
      I use quite a few templates to handle the look and feel of many many pages on a site and then populate the templated pages with a wp-content loop. However a client has asked that I effectively place a DMS2 Masthead at the top of each page as they prefer the styling of the title & tagline to the standard in WP. Obviously I can't do this when using templates as the Masthead would just replicate over all the associated templated pages, so could you please tell me if it's possible to recreate the title and tagline styling of the Masthead using HTML rather than CSS in the text view of the wp-content editor? I did inspect the HTML/CSS but came up fruitless...
      Hope that makes some kind of sense, and please excuse my coding ignorance :)
    • How to link a masthead button to a place in the same page?
      By knasen81
      Hi! I want to link a button in the musthead så that when clicked it send the visitor to a lower position/place in the same page. It is clear how you can type a link in a button så that the person sends to another page, but how do you send them to a lower place in the same page?
    • Unlocking Template Removes all my Content
      By jason.
      Website URL:
      Framework Version: DMS 1.1.1
      WordPress Version: 4.1.1
      Plugins in Use: Custom Sidebars, Post Duplicator
      Server/Host: Linux somethingOrOther/ASmallOrange
      I built a template for use with my website. When I apply that template to a new page, I click unlock so I can edit the content. Doing this freezes the page for about 3 minutes before refreshing and presenting me with a near-blank page. The headers and footers are fine. But the template area now only contains the columns and text boxes from before. Custom styling classes, inline styles, background images— all gone.
      Is it supposed to do this?
      If it is supposed to do this, how can I duplicate a page and then unlink it to use as a template? Any time I try to do this the pages are inexplicably linked. Changing one page changes another.
    • Masthead Text Not resizing properly on mobile
      By MobileParity+
      My Masthead text is not formatting to mobile devices. It was working fine last week and once I added the ShareBar section everything got a little off. At first I thought it was the width of the ShareBar that was causing the issue so I used a media query to resize the width and it works for the tablet size of 767px however my Masthead text is now askew and does not resize for the screen. I am using FitText.js to resize the headings (h1, h2, etc). Here is the media query that I am using for the ShareBar. For some reason I am 
      @media only screen and (max-width:767px) {  #sharebarui2dj1f .pl-sharebar { width:540px;     } }  
      Framework Version:dms2
      WordPress Version:4+
      Plugins in Use:FitText.js