Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Vaugh

DMS interface - Not appearing

Keith Vaugh

Hi All

Just looking at DMS for a new site and getting started with the free version. 

I have a completely new WP build (hello world post only) but when I activate DMS this is what I get: I don't think that is right! Have I missed something or is there something on the server where its hosted that needs to be configured? 

DMS_strange.jpg

Simon

Your css is broken, maybe a 404. Not a lot we can go on without a url to the site.

Danny

Hi Keith,

I don't see any problem - http://cl.ly/image/342n140H0e1u

One thing to note is that your compiled CSS is being uploaded to yoursite.com/source/uploads/....

What is the source folder ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Keith Vaugh

Hi Danny

Thanks for taking a look. When I view the site when logged into WP Dashboard, the image that I posted above is what I see. I am using all the latest builds and running Google Chrome. I have also double checked on two different machines and am getting the same results.

If you are willing I can PM login details so you can could see for yourself 

Thanks

Keith

Danny

Go to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines and then click the save button under the custom CSS/LESS area and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't, can you go to your homepage whilst logged in and open your chromes dev tools and see if there are any errors, if so please take a screenshot of those errors. Also please enable PL debug mode.

Keith Vaugh

Tried those two option Danny. Have to to Dashboard>Appearance>DMS Dashboard>DMS Tools to find the save css/less option

I've two result one giving a problem on the Hello World post (which I deleted) (image one below)

The other giving a 500 internal error (image two)

page1-helloworld.jpgpage2-helloworlddel.jpg

Danny

Can you enable Debug mode please.

Keith Vaugh

Got it sorted out by deleting the DMS theme and reinstalling a version downloaded from pagelines. I'm not sure if it was an issue with the version installed from the search feature in wordpress. 

James B

Hi Keith

Thank you for updating the thread, glad you managed to resolve. There shouldn't been any differences relating to the css between the two, could be a corrupted download or file from the wp.org download. If you installed Pro Tools with the Pro version you got from PageLines.com then that plugin has some hacks which can help with some server issues which could have helped.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B