Hide Header from Certain pages

5 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I was looking for some help with Hiding the Header global region from certain pages.

In this instance the page name is "Services Directory" or slug services directory. 

I presume it is possible to do this with something like:

#header.... Target Page {display:none !important; }

I just having trouble targeting the specific page. 

Simon_P Excellent! worked a treat :) 

Here is the code for anyone else who wants to do the same: 

.page-id-13 #header {display:none !important; }

Thanks for your help! 

1 person likes this

Thank you for updating the thread and posting the solution you used.

Thank you Simon_P

Worked like a charm. For those who need a little more guidance:

Place this code in the CCS <Custom> section. The page number can be found by going to the page you would like to edit, then clicking on page setup, then page handling - it will give you the page id. You may have to refresh several times for the code to stick and the adjustment to be made. 

.page-id-175 #header {display:none !important; }

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Remove or reduce margin (or padding) in header
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a site at:
      and I followed the instructions on building a "branding" area in the header:
      But, if you see the image I've attached, you'll see that there's a lot of space between the nav and the slider. Is this something I need to control with CSS in the Custom code section, or is there something else I can do that's part of the header section?

Actually, what would also be nice is if I could put a divider line there... like an orange or a light gray.
    • Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
    • Missing Header Region HELP!!!
      By 21thirteen
      We're using DMS2 to create the site http://particlesplus.com.
      The latest versions of DMS2 and WP are installed.
      We cloned the site using ManageWP and worked on it on our development server online, then cloned it back to particlesplus.com. (We've done this before with no problem).
      The Header region is now missing.
      Strangely enough, it can be seen in Chrome if you are logged in to wp-admin, both in preview mode and not, but if you log out, or look at the site in any other browser, the Header region is missing (it has a Media Box in it with links to the Chinese and Japanese versions of the site).
      Even more strange, I decided to try to disable and then re-enable the Header region in Site Settings/Advanced. The Header region was not disabled. I checked the disable box and refreshed the page, then when i tried to uncheck it, every time I refreshed it would be checked again. I finally managed to uncheck it after 6 or 8 tries. The same thing is going on with the Enable Debug checkbox. I checked it and I can't uncheck it now, but when I click on the "Click here" link for Debug Info, it says "WordPress Debug Disabled".
      I've attached screenshots.
      The client is understandably upset. Help would be GREATLY appreciated!
      Thank you,
      Perry Yeldham
      21Thirteen Design

• Padding on Header image
      By natalielue
      HI All.
      I want to remove the padding on the header image, so that my full width header (1200Px) is sitting left aligned propely rather than with padding. I can't work out where this is styled. Can someone please advise.
      Thank you x
    • Fixed Header
      By cipher
      Can anyone help I am creating a template for our website http://www.cipher-graphics.co.uk/blog/sample-page/if possible i would like the items at the top half of the page to be fixed??
      I am using DMS2 is this possible?